too busy 4 phone calls

darkmoon

the phone rings and it's a destraction, my friend and I agreed - she said - I will phone her when I am less busy, I have money I need to make (self-employed so have to work hard at it) but she rung anyway

i reminded her of what was said, and told her she is not beng fair, but she objected, this isn't the first time, we've had this problem before a few times now

So I sent her a text telling her how ppl can't be phoned at work and I'm no different and I know she understands, no reply yet, just sent it yesterday - money-wise, I can't afford to hang out! the deal-breaker is I am poor, so I can't just ignore the chance of Christmas sales, her phone calls are a distraction, i have to choose work over her random calls

Please - why do some people think it's ok to phone self-employed like this?

Edited by darkmoon

Have 2 numbers. One for private friends, (pay as you go) one for business. (contract).

When you're working, leave your personal line to message only, and call back when you finish work.

Sorted.

• Like 1
  • Author
Have 2 numbers. One for private friends, (pay as you go) one for business. (contract).

When you're working, leave your personal line to message only, and call back when you finish work.

Sorted.

Yes I will do that, but how do I stop my friend from being angry?

Apologise, and explain the situation again.

If she's unsympathetic - is she a friend?

• Author
Apologise, and explain the situation again.

If she's unsympathetic - is she a friend?

she's lovely, typically, just last week, she offered a favor, i am usually good to her too actually, we are close, twelve years now, this is the third time i've had a flurry of work and said no phoning and the third time she's taken it personally, she is a fone-freak

Then see if you can take a day off, go shopping together, buy her a bottle of wine, and tell her she's a precious person in your life, you hate yourself for neglecting her, but because of finances, you shifted your priorities. it may not have been the right thing to do, but there's work pressure on to keep going.....

Something like that....

• Like 1