Double-bed in a hotel with a male-friend

prestoff

So, this year I went to Europe to study and I have met new friends. I have a circle of international friends, we are quite close. A few weeks ago we heard that one pop star, whom we adored, would come to the neighbour city, so it should be our highlight, so we thought to come there and book a room for 5 people.

But all in all only one asian guy and I will manage to go there. We became very close, he is very good friend of mine. He is funny and we love to spend time together, he thinks I am cute and open-minded and it s really easy to communicate.

The thing is that we decided to go together, just two of us, and I asked him to book a room for us. (As far as he has credit card and I don t.)hmm And he booked one, BUT with double bed and told me that it wasn't another one. I said that s okay and gave him my part of money.

The strange think for me was, that he booked a room in rather expensive hotel, he was a little bit dissapointed that he couldn t find cheaper, so he asked how much I was ready to pay and he was going to pay remaining sum of money/ Did he pretend to act like a gentleman or how should I explain this?

I dont want to act like a nun, I know that it will be nothing, but is it abnormal?

should I insist on finding another room and hotel, how do you think?

Noone will think that we will sleep together because we are just friends and I have normal reputation among my friends.

Do you think I have to change smth? Help me please.

Do you think he might thing we are going to have smth? Maybe it smth about asian mentality, I am not so common with it.

From my point of view, most probably we will party all night and just come in the hotel to take a shower and leave our luggage

Thanks in advance and excuse for my plain English with mistakes)

You can ask for cots in most decent hotels. I'd suggest you ask him to book one, ensuring the hotel knows it's for an adult and not for a baby or child.

To be honest the “only one bed available” thing sounds very suspicious to me! If they only had that room, why didn't he find a different place? And since he knows you plan to split the price, why didn't he look for something less expensive?

If I were you, I'd call the hotel and ask if there are any other rooms available for that night - just to see if he's telling the truth about that! You don't have to book one or have a credit card to just inquire about the availability.

I also want to mention that I have heard many guys say that if they have an attractive female friend [and he did say he thinks you're cute] - they never stop hoping that 'friendship' will turn into more! So, while you're just going as a friend, he might be hoping for something else - just be careful!

Edited by Mer-Maid
  • Like 1

Hey Prestoff

"Is it abnormal"?

Define abnormal.

Tell someone that you think something is abnormal and they may well tell you that is perfectly okay.

Ever seen video footage or stills of heterosexual men walking down a street in Instanbul hand-in-hand, in a country where homosexuality is still a crime? Maybe because homosexuality is still a crime heterosexual men can hold hands as friends safe in the knowledge that no-one is going to accuse them of being homosexual? Maybe.

So, what was your question again about something or another being normal or abnormal?

Fear is normal. Fear of the irrational is not.

It's tricky, definitely tricky.