My friend is a damn mess

Kanga24

My best friend whom, I've been friends for 12 years is a mess, well in my opinion anyway.

So, where do I begin we are both 24 years old. She's a college graduate who travels for her job, has her an apartment with a roommate. So, as far as her life and career is going she's doing fairly well. Here comes the problem, she's inconsiderate, and is not the same person I knew about 4 years ago.

A few years ago, I had a small gathering for my birthday party, and asked if she would come. She said no, that she would go out to the movies with some other people. That, somewhat really hurt me, since I don't ever celebrate my birthday as is. My SO bought me an engagement ring last year, hasn't proposed yet.(Long distance, and such) I tell her the news, she was going through some things with another guy. She said congrats, now back to me. I wanted to slap her.

For a few years, I've often wonder if its worth keeping a friendship with her. She's taken a few trips, not asking if I would to join, granted I know she's NOT obligated to do so, however most of the trips she went with her roommate were so more, places I suggested her and I should go. Chicago, St.Louis, New Orleans, etc. I would always ask if she'd like to go out of town with a resounding no. My boyfriend feels, it's more so I'm more of a friend to her than she is to me. Which, I've been feeling for a few years.

Now, onto to current times. Before, she went into college she wasn't the person she is now. She literally sleeps with a guy every weekend, this is what it is drinks on the weekend, brings home random guy not a problem. The problem sometimes she gets so damn attached to a guy, friends with benefits she starts to fall for him? It happens every time, the guy is her soul mate, blah blah. The last guy she had friends with benefits relationship she met in January lasted until July when he came to her apartment, and raped her. I call it rape, she doesn't because the basis of their relationship was sex. That's what she said to me. The details of what happened that night, was basically in my mind rape. It bothered me to no end, she didn't care at all.

Now, onto the past few weeks, she's met another guy, funny thing is he's married, but separated. They haven't slept together, but I was confused as to why she'd entertain him? Can someone give me some insight on this? Now, onto what I found out recently she's in Boston, met another guy in Boston from the same city as us, he's also married, and has kids, but claims to be unhappy. Now she wants them both, or to be involved with one or the other?

I told her I worry about her, she said she why? That she was fine.

I'm not sure if I can do anything for her. I'm tired of the constant crap she throws my way, and gives no regard for me as a friend. I've been extremely sick lately, and haven't said anything. I just listen to the messes she puts herself in.

What do you do? Do you finally just say enough? or Do you just walk away from the friendship?