Friends boyfriends insecurities.

I have recently hang out with my friend and her boyfriend a few times lately after getting back in contact with them for a few years.

They are really nice people and get along well with them.

Her boyfriend on the other hand annoys me a little bit. Whenever they are over and he starts drinking his whole mood changes.

Both nights we were at mine. We went out to a Pub. A random guy said hello to her in Italian cause she is part Italian walking past. They did not even stop and have a conversation. Just walked on and her boyfriend just lost it. He chucked a hissy fit and stormed out of the Pub. We had to cut the night short cause of this.

The night after we were watching a Football game in another place in the City. My friend wanted to get some food. Both of us wanted to stay but she did not want him to drink. He got the ****s over that too. Completely over reacted and drove like a mad man back to my place. Scared the **** out of me.

Every time she comes to mine she has to bring him along as well. Like I don't mind. They are together but just do not want to deal with his ****.

I want to be able to have a girls night with her also. She says he don't trust her though. Don't know why she stays. After a few drinks and him disappearing both times. She was crying on my shoulder and talking about leaving him. Going on about how she can't have a normal night out because this always happens.

Don't know how she puts up with it and I do not want to put up with that again next time they come around either.

Just feel bad. She is a great friend just do not want to be stuck in a situation that may become harmful if the boyfriend while we are out has another one of his episodes like that.

Remember being with someone like that in the past and never put up with it the first time he snapped. Dumped him right then and there. Don't know how she deals with it and has put up with it for seven years!

All you can really do is be supportive and give her a plaform to vent. From experience, it's unlikely she will leave him until she actually plucks up the courage to stand up for herself and say that enough is enough. She may be amenable to you doing some research and directing her to resources that can help. For example, a local women's shelter, domestic violence organisation and an organisation that provides services and support for the partners of people who may have problems with alcohol.

If he directs any violence or abuse towards you, I'd strongly suggest that you call the police and press charges. Your friend may or may not be happy about your "intervention," but she may also be relieved.

In the meantime, you might have to accept that she comes as a package deal or not at all.