How loyal is my friend?

msfreebyme

Me and my friend became real close about 2 or 3 years ago in high school. Me and her were like sisters and we were always hanging out and always talking. She since then has found he first serious boyfriend and has been working more and more which I understand when life changes and a first love is in your life. I slowly didn't get to talk of hang with her much which I finally got used to.

This is the part where it gets a bit cruddy. I had my first serious relationship end about 8 months ago. During my relationship with this guy he would flirt with my friend in front of me and overall well....be a jerk. So my ex and my friend's boyfriend were friends who were introduced since me and my friend were close. This was pretty much a double date sort of thing.

I kind of thought since my relationship ended with my ex that my friend would stop hanging with my ex. I usually do not get jealous but when she starts updating me on his life and notifies me that my ex comes to her for problems I am concerned. She even notified me 2 months after the breakup that he was sleeping with another girl...crushed me. What is more concerning is that she doesn't tend to tell me when she is hanging with my ex....especially if it's on her own. I would understand if her boyfriend came along but at times she's alone with my ex. I used to try and tell her to stop hanging with him but I realized I cannot tell her what to do so I backed off. Since my breakup with my ex...my friend has really became bad with hanging with me or talking to me and she still calls herself my best friend.

A big part that infuriates me is that my ex tried to touch my friend and talk her into doing something with him. Her reaction when she told me was not of any true anger, disgust, or any expected move. She didn't even tell her boyfriend of the situation. You think even then a good friend would just stop hanging around my ex. No she hangs around him still. But will rarely make plans with me and when I contact her or make an effort to hang out with her...she will not respond for sometimes 3-5 days at a time. Afterwards she will make a really bad excuse.

So help me out you guys....do you think my "friend" who calls herself my "best friend" is more than just friends with my ex?

Help?!?!?! Please Prove to me I'm just paranoid.

Edited by msfreebyme

she is not your friend. i was in the same situation and they now have a sexual relationship going. she might come back to you because she needs you to maintain conversation with your ex. what they have in common is YOU. She needs you to be important to him.. to feed him information. He is using her to spite you.. and using her. and she too dumb and selfish to see your pain nevermind her `nothing status for him`. He wants to feel good about himself and cause more pain in your life. Cut BOTH of them off FOREVER. She is not your friend... she was just a play mate who switched mates. Dont let her keep playing you. The sooner you stop talking to her. the faster that `relationship`dies.

this is the worst kind of awakening to a morbid side of human nature there can ever be. Im sorry for your sad but real experience. Now you know!!

Time will Heal old wounds. Keep busy. Take a vacation. Stay close to your family.Improve yourself. Love yourself. No regrets...keep your head up.

katy perry wide awake is soothing..

• Author
she is not your friend. i was in the same situation and they now have a sexual relationship going. she might come back to you because she needs you to maintain conversation with your ex. what they have in common is YOU. She needs you to be important to him.. to feed him information. He is using her to spite you.. and using her. and she too dumb and selfish to see your pain nevermind her `nothing status for him`. He wants to feel good about himself and cause more pain in your life. Cut BOTH of them off FOREVER. She is not your friend... she was just a play mate who switched mates. Dont let her keep playing you. The sooner you stop talking to her. the faster that `relationship`dies.

Yea the worst part is when she denies having connections with him or caring. My next question is how do I just cut it off...me and her have talked about it and have tried to mend the friendship. I am half tempted to tell her boyfriend about the occurrence between her and my ex because she has cheated on him before. She hasn't been good to me for quite some time and I just want to cut it off and just not make it seem like I'm being a dummy so she'll go crying to me ex...like she has before when I ignored her before when I tried to cut the friendship off and she promised to not be friends with my ex.

• Author
this is the worst kind of awakening to a morbid side of human nature there can ever be. Im sorry for your sad but real experience. Now you know!!

Time will Heal old wounds. Keep busy. Take a vacation. Stay close to your family.Improve yourself. Love yourself. No regrets...keep your head up.

katy perry wide awake is soothing..

The good news is I am about to move across the country =)...but I love that Katy Perry song. The other worst part of my experience was that my ex was mentally abusive so after years of trying to fix it I ended the relationship but had no one to help me....I had one friend for a bit but she has move to another state sadly.