My friend is dating a guy & she's super annoying now

ImperfectionisBeauty

ImperfectionisBeauty

So I am having some super jealousy issues... I admit it finally lol so my good friend and I have been kind of close for the last like year and a half and we talk to each other about everything. *I was there for her huge break up and she was there for mine and stuff. Well now she is talking to this new guy and she constantly wants to tell me about him and I'm tired of it, I'm tired of hearing about him and stuff... Like ok I am pissed off just in general because I am not dating anyone but now she is and she didn't even have to put effort into meeting him, she met him in one of our classes and added him on fb (way after I added him mind you) I know this seems like hs drama but we are 21 in college not HS lol I seriously go to class all the time and add people on fb and I haven't met one darn person I have done dating websites and anything possible to meet someone to date and nothing. *Now this and I can't be mean to her but I would rather stick knives in my ears than hear her talk to me about this guy... I'm so pissed off just in general like everyday I wake up and hate my life a little more its just ridiculous I would be a great gf. *So now she wants to go get pumpkin spice lattes today and I know if I go I have to hear her story so I should just not go right?*

I believe in real friendships.

1. When my real friends/girlfriends are happy, I'm happy for them. I'm not jealous of them. I am excited for them, and want to hear everything.

2. I don't hang out with people who annoy me. Life is FAR too short.

3. I don't get jealous of other people. Period. I am where I am today, and it's all on me, whether I like it or not. I'm good with that.

Then again, I'm old. Your mileage may vary considerably.

• Like 3
  • Author
ImperfectionisBeauty
I believe in real friendships.

1. When my real friends/girlfriends are happy, I'm happy for them. I'm not jealous of them. I am excited for them, and want to hear everything.

2. I don't hang out with people who annoy me. Life is FAR too short.

3. I don't get jealous of other people. Period. I am where I am today, and it's all on me, whether I like it or not. I'm good with that.

Then again, I'm old. Your mileage may vary considerably.

I'm 21, and I mean I am kind of happy for her I guess.. and she doesn't usually annoy me just having to hear about him and her annoys me lol I shouldn't be jealous but it happens.

I'm 21, and I mean I am kind of happy for her I guess.. and she doesn't usually annoy me just having to hear about him and her annoys me lol I shouldn't be jealous but it happens.

It happens because you let it happen. Wouldn't you want her to be happy for you if the situation were reversed? :)

• Author
ImperfectionisBeauty
It happens because you let it happen. Wouldn't you want her to be happy for you if the situation were reversed? :)

I would want her to be, but I wouldn't like constantly talk about dating someone if I knew she wasn't. I was dating a guy while she wasn't and only time I talked about him is when she asked... but I never ask her about him.

MercuryMorrison1
I would want her to be, but I wouldn't like constantly talk about dating someone if I knew she wasn't. I was dating a guy while she wasn't and only time I talked about him is when she asked... but I never ask her about him.

You should just let her have her moment. So what if she wants to talk about her new dude. Eventually things will settle down and she'll stop talking about him so much.

I'm 21,

I hope this is a typo and you are actually 12, which would render your entire attitude excusable … except for the fact that evidently you are sexually active.

So I am having some super jealousy issues... I admit it finally lol so my good friend and I have been kind of close for the last like year and a half and we talk to each other about everything. *I was there for her huge break up and she was there for mine and stuff. Well now she is talking to this new guy and she constantly wants to tell me about him and I'm tired of it, I'm tired of hearing about him and stuff... Like ok I am pissed off just in general because I am not dating anyone but now she is and she didn't even have to put effort into meeting him, she met him in one of our classes and added him on fb (way after I added him mind you) I know this seems like hs drama but we are 21 in college not HS lol I seriously go to class all the time and add people on fb and I haven't met one darn person I have done dating websites and anything possible to meet someone to date and nothing. *Now this and I can't be mean to her but I would rather stick knives in my ears than hear her talk to me about this guy... I'm so pissed off just in general like everyday I wake up and hate my life a little more its just ridiculous I would be a great gf. *So now she wants to go get pumpkin spice lattes today and I know if I go I have to hear her story so I should just not go right?*

Its your choice, yoru friend is happy and wants to share it with you, i would explain to her that lets change the topic shall we in a light-hearted manner...tell her come on now its getting old i can see you glowing there.....i need some shades its blinding me..or stop bouncing around in your happy happy joy state my heads going to fall off, im suffering with motion sickness..make her feel good..bring up something that interests you and take charge of the conversation if you want it to change.....you have to take charge......be there for your friend and let your friend be there for you...

• Author
ImperfectionisBeauty
I hope this is a typo and you are actually 12, which would render your entire attitude excusable … except for the fact that evidently you are sexually active.

No ma'am I am 21. You just don't understand what it's like. I mean she constantly mentions him and how great he is and how great things are going and it was fine at first but I'm sick of it now. I want to have a story to tell about a guy too and I don't so I have no reason to hear hers especially since I have listened a lot I'm sick of it. I change the subject now as much as I can or I just talk talk talk non stop so then she can't mention him