My best friend is a fake, how do I confront him without loosing him?

Coxa_Blue

Last year, I found out that my close friend (lets call him Fé) had lied about everything............where he lived, where he was from, why he moved, he lied about practically his whole life. I had only known Fé for 6 months and we had become really close friends, I might even say best friends. He was the best guy I had ever met, he was sweet, kind, humble, gentle, he always thought about how other people felt before he did something, he was a charm with the girls and he was honest, sometimes too honest. Soon I found out that his honesty was his way of defending his lies. So when I found out that he had lied about everything, I was really disapointed and I ended our friendship, without another word on the subject.

Now 2 months ago, I meet this other guy (lets call him Rie) who seems to be saying the same things Fé had said and also seems to have the same "qualities" as Fé. He is an awesome guy but now I'm starting to get the feeling that he is a fake too. Then last week I found out that there's one thing the both of them have in common, both their fathers had left their mothers when they were only just born. And the both of them have never met their real fathers. But now both their mothers have gotten married and have other kids. And both Rie and Fé aren't really a part of the family anymore. Rie was raised almost entirely by his grandmother and Fé just gets pushed around allot.

I have had more time to think about what happened with Fé and I suppose now I can understand more why he did the things he did. Its abit too late for me to rekindle my friendship with Fé but I want my friendship with Rie to last, but I also want him to be honest. But first how do I confront him or let him know that its ok for him to stop his lying, and that people could and would like him for who he really is. I'm afraid that if I confront him, he might just start avoiding me. And I don't want that to happen. I'm not even sure if he really is a fake but all the signs seem to be pointing in that direction.

Please help, I need advice on how to do this. Should I confront him or should I just not do anything about it and go on with our friendship as if I never knew a thing?

when you know it's too good to be true...well it's obvious something's wrong.

i'd say confront him. if he thinks you havent found out, and thinks he can cont to lie to you...then confront him. find out his reasons...he could lie about this too. well anyway, where the friendship goes from here is entirely up to you