What the hell is wrong with some friends and people

volvos90xc

I am a senior in high school and I made some friends with a few freshmen girls at my elective class. We are just good friends and I never like any one of them more than a friend. Since I am going off to college next year and they are in my lunch, I decided to join them at lunch. One of them is Jess and she said I definitely going to sit at her table. Everything was great and I met some of her friends who are not in our elective class. I even helped them out in gym in football by joining their team. Then one day, they change 180 degree shift! Jess text me that I can't sit at her table anymore because her friends think we are together and it is weird. Then I stopped sitting there, yet she started to avoid me and act cold towards me. Her friends treat me like I am some kind of stranger they just met. I asked her why during elective when I am only with her, she give me a grim and told me I know why, when I don't. Why the hell is wrong with her??

Before she is always enthusiastic to say hi and high five with me or sit near me. She even played ninja game with me and treated me as one of her close friends. Now she becomes a completely different person in just 1 day.

Since I never get the chance to talk with her for a long time from then on, I send her a facebook message. I said is either because her friends rumored and pressured her about her relationship with me so she wants to stop this rumor or she thinks I like her more than a friend. She says she hates to message on facebook and that I don't know the reason why she don't talk with me anymore and lets remain amicable. Yet she deleted me on facebook. I just don't get some people.

It's a sign of immaturity that she won't be upfront with you and is sending mixed signals.

There really is nothing you can do about it except move on. She isn't ready to be a good or decent friend to you.

Just ignore her a bit, and if she approaches you just keep it at "Hi," and "Bye"

My bet is if you do ignore her she will probably start trying to get your attention. Don't give it to her, unless she is willing to own up to her actions.

• Author
volvos90xc

MCGar, I think you are right. I stop talking with her, and not bother wasting my time. I texted her to stop being a bch,picking me for no apparent reason, and taken me for granted. She told me to never text her again, but she still says my name once and give me comments on my project in class. Yet she is still a distraction. When I walked by once to turn off the lights in class, she seems to flirt with a guy on purpose to make me jealous.

I don't have many days left to deal with this freshman girl since I am graduating soon.

Girls around that age care too much about what their friends think and try to fit with their friends. That girl is mean and you should move on and avoid these negative people. You should stand up for yourself. If she gets everyone to go against you then you got seniors on your side right? They are still a bunch of annoying freshmen who isn't mature enough to handle seniors as friends. Is she still keeping up like this when the year is over? If so she is really not your friend and don't deserve to be. I bet you must be really pissed off to call her a bitch since girls hate that when it is not a joke.

She likes to play push & pull games.

You shouldn't have texted her that.

You shouldn't have let anger get the best of you.

Tbh, she sounds like a bee queen, and you should avoid those like the plague, both in HS, college and life.

Let this be a lesson to you, if a girl starts acting like this again, just go NC with her.

But don't go NC with the ideea to get back with her unless you want just sex.

If you end up having to go into NC with a girl you are considering a serious relationship with, it's already a waste of your time.

PS: Try this one.

When she asked you to not sit with them anymore, the next day you should have sat down with them.

And if there was no room, you should have bumped their asses further down the bench with your own while saying 'this is such a good spot'.

Basically making room for yourself at their table if the seating arrangement was liberal and there were no written rules about it.

Edited by Radu
LittlePrince

If you weren't interested in her none of this would bother you. Also she is playing games. You should have just ignored her and moved on instead of calling her out especially with an obscenity but you can't since you are crushing on her.

• Author
volvos90xc
You should stand up for yourself. If she gets everyone to go against you then you got seniors on your side right? They are still a bunch of annoying freshmen who isn't mature enough to handle seniors as friends. Is she still keeping up like this when the year is over?

Yes what annoys me the most is not just her who is going against me, but pretty much every freshmen girls in my class is against me in a way because they are a "group" and I think they do not dare to betray her or just afraid of her or she just spread rumors about me to them.

She is keeping this up and she even evesdrops me once since she one day suddenly walked up to me and says we need to have a talk. Everyone around us was shocked and looked at us. She says she heard I told my friend about how a freshmen girl likes me and all and she says she didn't like me and I cross the barrier and she does not want be friends with me anymore. She was being mean so a senior I know walked by stands up for me and says I am a nice guy and she must done something bad for me to be mean to her. She seems to be so pissed that she is being challenged.

What is really funny is I told my friend that a SOPHOMORE girl liked me, not a freshmen one, and I am NOT refering to her and pretty much took her off my chest until she did this.

That was the most awkward conversation I ever had in my life...

If you weren't interested in her none of this would bother you. Also she is playing games. You should have just ignored her and moved on instead of calling her out especially with an obscenity but you can't since you are crushing on her.

I actually don't like her that way since she isn't that hot and she is a bit too young. What bothers me is that she never explain the reason why and changed 180 degree in 1 day and then many freshmen girls became cold to me.

Yes what annoys me the most is not just her who is going against me, but pretty much every freshmen girls in my class is against me in a way because they are a "group" and I think they do not dare to betray her or just afraid of her or she just spread rumors about me to them.

She is keeping this up and she even evesdrops me once since she one day suddenly walked up to me and says we need to have a talk. Everyone around us was shocked and looked at us. She says she heard I told my friend about how a freshmen girl likes me and all and she says she didn't like me and I cross the barrier and she does not want be friends with me anymore. She was being mean so a senior I know walked by stands up for me and says I am a nice guy and she must done something bad for me to be mean to her. She seems to be so pissed that she is being challenged.

What is really funny is I told my friend that a SOPHOMORE girl liked me, not a freshmen one, and I am NOT refering to her and pretty much took her off my chest until she did this.

That was the most awkward conversation I ever had in my life...

I actually don't like her that way since she isn't that hot and she is a bit too young. What bothers me is that she never explain the reason why and changed 180 degree in 1 day and then many freshmen girls became cold to me.

Obviously she THINKS you like her that way when you never did. It must be her friends who at the lunch table spread some rumors about you guys and she wanted to avoid you and defriend you in order to stop the drama. She is being mean because she want to be "accepted" by her friends and cares about what her friends think so she ditched you. Don't you worry since your a senior who is graduating. Don't let these immature freshmen piss you off.