Problem with Envy

Hello to all..Im a 28 year old female..And the past 7-8 years of my life has been hell..I was recently diagnosed with Bi-polar Disorder In 2010.

I went soooo long not knowing what was wrong with me..All thru High school I felt "Different" from my peers..very quiet,reserved,anti-social..basically I felt like an outcast..I've always been told how pretty i am, but i usually don't believe it, I have always had anxiety about talking to people..As I got In my early twenty's I attended college where I felt i was coming out of my shell just a little.

But still had a hard time making and keeping friends..After college i got a job working as a correctional officer which only lasted 6 months due to.."inconsistancy, and not getting along with co-workers" got fired..I was soooo depressed during that time..And every job since then I have had conflict with co-workers that has caused me to lose jobs.

Long story short..due to my illness i feel like its been the cause of my past being hell..Lost boyfriends,jobs,I've been evicted before,and every potiental friend i meet the friendship doesnt last long..And Now I find myself being soooo jealous and envious of people who are social and seem to have what I don't and It's heartbreaking..I would love to hear from someone who has gone thru something similar..

I feel so very lonely..And how do you guys think i should go about getting and obtaining Friends..I appreciate it.

january2011

I don't have any personal experience of this disorder so can't give you any specific advice. However, since you've received an official diagnosis of BPD, I strongly urge you to speak to a therapist and let them guide you and help you with developing strategies for the areas you've raised in your post.

Posting here, while a good place to vent, it's not really a site geared up to support people who have mental health issues that require professional help.