Confusion

So anyway this incident happened a couple of months ago, but i havent been able to get it out of my head.

I'd been friends with a female for a good few years(lets call her janet). she was always attached which was a reason why i thought it was safe to be friends with. anyway a couple of months ago i went clubbing with her group of friends, and basically one of her best friends(lets call her caprice) started hitting on me. anyway heavy flirting was there and we nearly ended up kissing, when one of her male friends (who ive known for the same amount of time as well) litrally came and stood a foot infront of us and basically put us off.

Anyway a couple of days later my Janet calls me and tells me to not do anything because she had a boyfriend already. I wasnt really happy with the explanation so i ended up asking someone else in that group of friends who said someone else invited caprices boyfriend to the ngiht but he was working. (im guessing if caprice was really going out with him she would have invited HER BOYFRIEND instead of getting someone else to do it)

Anyways 2 weeks passed and i couldnt hold it in anymore (1 months already passed since the incident happened) and I called janet again and then i asked if she really had a man? she than said no but started giving me excuses and kept saying i was from a different ethnic background?

Anwyay what im confused with is what the heck was going on?

If they were playing a joke on me or some other excuse. Since then I had a arguemnt with janet and never spoke again. but its driving me crazy since i trusted her as a good friend for many years. mind you this is just a snippet of just what happened. there were signs she was interested in me a few years back though, which i put down to mere friendliness

january2011

Sounds very convoluted. I'm not surprised you're confused. I would be too.

It doesn't sound like you're going to get any answers from Janet. You might have to let this one go. It sounds too messy and complicated to get involved.

• Author

yup, all my friends have told me to just leave it, to preserve my own sanity.

just that kinda situation never happened to me before and considering i had known that group for many years, just thought that stuff would never happen to me, guess i just let my guard down