Best way to deal with annoying friend?

antineutrino

antineutrino

I'm moving to a new city, and ever since one of my friends found out, she's been contacting me like crazy: she starts random chats with me on FB, comments on my updates, suggests all these things we "need to do" when I get there, etc. We were never that good of friends, and I have absolutely no feelings for her, so I find this pretty irritating.

So far, I've been doing a healthy mix of ignoring and responding but being somewhat aloof. When I move, I figured I'd decline the offers by saying that I'm currently busy or don't have the money to spend, hoping that she eventually gets the hint. Should I be dealing with this more directly or is this a fine way to approach it?

I actually recently had this same issue with a woman I met on a plane about a month ago...exchanged numbers after a great conversation, and since then, she'd text or email every day...it got a bit annoying...and then she practically professed her love for me and constantly joked (I hope...) about our wedding... :eek:

I actually had to tell her directly that she was too much and that I was never interested in anything with her...I don't think she ever got the hint that I never initiated conversation and that I was usually short with her in responding...

• Author
antineutrino

Thanks for the input. I honestly don't think she is getting the hint either. I may just have to be blunt about it.

One of my friends suggested blocking her FB and number. Is that also a viable route haha? I think it comes across as a bit dickish.

Edited by antineutrino