Why do friends cut you off once they are in a relationship?

Brees0900

i met this girl at a community college 2 years ago. She seems like nice and outgoing. We use to chill with each other at school before i transfer, and we use to talk alot on Facebook. I use to help with her work on Facebook. I use to give her notes for classes since we took the same music class although we went to different colleges at the time. I use help her with her online work. Now she has a boyfriend. She calls me annoying when i tried to talk to her online and she barely write me back. I ask for her number so that i can keep in touch with her. I do that will everybody. I think to maintain a friendship, you gotta keep in touch. I ask for her number, she told me to give her my number first, so i did. I ask for it again, she got offline fast once i ask her again. I have never heard from her since. :(

Sounds like she wanted a friend she could use. Once you were no longer useful, she had no need for you any more. My daughter had the same problem, and I told her, this year, to hold back on offering to help people she meets; let someone ELSE help them at first. Then, if that friend sticks around, she is interested in YOU, not what you can do for her.

You think of her as a friend only. But are you sure she's never had more feelings for you, like a secret crush?

Odd reaction from her - looks like she read your kind gestures as romantic interest and now that she's in a relationship, she's gone nasty.

Well.... too late for you to find out now. She's with someone else already.