Circle of friends seem to be falling apart

This stems from a conversation I had with one of my friends last night. He was talking about our circle of friends (there is alot of us, all were very close and all good trusting friends) and how everything has changed. He has known these people longer than me, and has seen even more people come and go from our circle. Some have lost touch completely, some are on bad terms. Even my friends now are losing touch with each other - it's like everyone is falling apart. There is so much bad feelings and negetivity between some people, I hardly feel like seeing them anymore. Everyone has a problem with at least someone, and no-one is happy.

It's weird seeing people you love and repsect so much going their seperate ways. But not in a civil and happy way - almost being pushed out of our circle because there's so much hate and bitching now. Sigh, it's really sad to see your best friends turning their back on each other. :( It's not that I rely on them, but it's nice to know you have true friends with you...everyone is too involved with arguing and bitterness, that they all have seemed to forget how special friendship is and how hard it is to come by.

This is just a little rant, sorry. :o:o:o

Its sad also, that not only friends come and go but bfs/gfs & lovers come and go! Which is why Its important to remember that relationships are never set in stone... things change and people change...thats life!! Nothing lasts forever

Circles of friends eventually do grow apart as we get older and grow as individuals. However, if you are bring treated badly by certain people and there's that feeling of negativity, then they aren't your true friends. True friends don't behave in that fashion. Be thankful you don't see these negative people as much and set out to find real TRUE friends.

• Author

Leikela - it's not me that is being treated badly. They are being negetive, dishonest, argumentative with each other. That's the frustration - things used to be so simple and now no-one can just get along.

But you are right - people grow and drift away from others, I bet we've all done it.

I live in an area where just about everyone leaves because eventually (every 2-4 years) most people get stationed elsewhere. No matter how serious we are about staying in touch and planning future visits....other than occasional emails....we really don't.

I used to find it to be very sad. Now, I've just gotten used to it.

I've been here before; just recently actually. There are only five of us, but we seemed to all fall apart soon after I started being difficult.

I sort of pushed the one kid away, after I decided i didn't like hanging around with him, because he was too intense; since then he's fallen into a bad circle and is sadly becoming somewhat of an addict... So far just pot, but he has the personality to go further.

Worse yet, I completely fell for my best friend's girlfriend, and feeling as though it was something too strong to ignore, acted upon it. We didn't do anything wrong in the technical sense -- she broke up with him before we hooked up at all. Still, he was considerably pissed and we didn't talk for almost a month. He came around a couple days ago, realizing that we can hang out and be friends, dispite what I do in my free time with his ex -- and we've allowed my other friend to hang out with us more often, which should minimize the time he's around his bad influences.

Mostly this was due to a lengthy letter my best friend fired out to each of us on one of his days off school. It layed out how he missed hanging out with us, and dispite the fact that he still feels as if running me down with his car would be fun and deserved, he misses being together as a group, and being able to just plain hang out.

If you're worried about your group falling apart, voice your concerns with your friends, and make it known how much you care about the falling out -- it sounds as if your sitation wasn't as messed up as ours; and we recouperated (and thank god, cause there's a great Alexisonfire show here next week!).

Hope this helps... at least a little? no? ah well!

One things for sure, in terms of true friends.

As you get older, less friends come and more friends go.