feel bad about reminding a friend ...

this is more of a rant but comments very welcome!

i have a friend for whom i've done favours in the past, and he did some for me as well. recently, he asked to borrow some cash & i asked him to do something for me. he did do it, a bit later than he said he would, but within the time i told him i needed it back. he didn't bother to return the cash the day he said he would, so when he called i asked about it and said i need that money (i felt a lil bad reminding him, i wished he just brought it up himself).

now today he called because he finished the job i asked him to do, and it sounded like he wasn't planning to talk to me until next week, so i mentioned the cash again (2nd time) - he said, yeah, i'll call you back and give it to you tonight (only a day late, so it's fine).

so i'm not mad at him or anything - he's a bit looser with deadlines than i am (i give things back and do things on time or else let the person know i'm running late, but he's more laid back, and that's fine). but i feel a bit bad for having mentioned it to him twice though.

i guess if it's a company or something, i don't feel bad being demanding, but with friends, i prefer if they voluntarily do everything, without reminders. anyway, i don't think anything's wrong ... yeah, it's all fine. right???...

-yes

If you don't get it back, don't loan him any money again. 'Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.'

Don't feel bad for having to remind him. It's your money and you want it back. My ex owes me alot of money and I have to constantly remind her. At first, I was nice about it. Then it seemed that she was purposely forgetting, so I started being not-so-nice about it.

Sometimes, instead of gently reminding them, you have to bust their a$$e$ with a sledgehammer. Do what you have to do with no regrets. :bunny::bunny:

If you feel you have to get a little bit nasty with him, don't feel bad. You did him a favor and now he has to hold up his end of the bargain!

~V

yea...it's tough giving cash back, i know how it feels cause i did it to a friend

borrowed $80 from him like over a yr ago to buy something.

i got the cash and all but it's just hard to give it back. it feels like you're taking out your OWN cash and giving it away, it's a tough feeling. he hasnt bugged me about it in a long time, it seems he forgot.

but anyway im gonna give him back the cash once my boss pays me at work, heck its the right thing to do....he was nice enough to trust me that i'd return it, and so i shall....it just took a long while to.

just a key reminder never trust friends (or family!) with your cash...i know i wouldnt...hehe

• Author

whether or not he gives it back, i doubt i'll lend him money again - i can say that i can't be sure of him giving it back on time, hence No.

-yes