My friend came back, but does he hate me?

I have an old friend from kindergarten that left to go back to Japan for a while. We were good friends.

Now, a couple of years later, he comes back to the neighborhood and immediately recognizes me and we talk about what happened since we parted ways. I show him other friends that we played with and we all talked and played for old time's sake.

But one day, when we meet up somewhere because he called me over, he was really serious about something. But when he was in the middle of his sentence, he stopped and chuckled(...that's a weird word ... chuckle:confused:). He then said not to worry about it and said that I might be a bit dense right now like I was in the past. He then hugged me and said he'd text me later.

I wasn't sure what he meant about that, and I'm wondering what he was about to say, so . . .what???

We still talk to each other, but he seemed a bit off after that day. He always hesitates to answer a question I ask and I worry that it's something that I did.

What does this mean??????

I wouldn't say he hates you or anything, but what he said was out of place. Why would he say that anyway? Did he ever text you back?

• Author
I wouldn't say he hates you or anything, but what he said was out of place. Why would he say that anyway? Did he ever text you back?

I'm not sure why he said that but he was really serious. His sentence sounded a bit personal, and was along the lines of "I really…". He then stopped.

And hour later he texted me. I wanted to ask, but I didn't want to, y'know, butt in!