weird to tell a girl friend I think she's cool?

aquaria127

I'm a girl, just so's ya know

I just was thinking, it is something I would perhaps like to do, but might it be weird to tell a new friend, who's a girl, that I think she's really cool.

we get along really well, listen to the same kind of music, interested in the same things, ideas, etc. I know she must think I'm pretty ok too, cause we hang out and do the random kinda stuffs that I would normally do anyway. I would be like, hey, youre cool. I like you. but maybe that's not appropriate. It seems like the kind of thing you would tell someone if you were "interested." no, I'm not, she's super-friends with my BF. any ideas on that >>>

no way, as long as it's casual and you sense she feels the same way. cool girlfriends are very very rare creatures - err on the side of expressiveness!

I agree with jenny. It's so rare nowadays to find a kindred spirit. I don't think there's any harm in telling someone that you think they rock :) .

I think its absolutely wonderful when females compliment other females. I love to see it because it happens so rarely.

I am 100% heterosexual, and I tell my gal pals how wonderful, beautiful, and intelligent they are all the time. As a matter of fact, on Saturday I told my partner's buddy that I absolutely LOVED his new wife, and was so happy he had the good sense to marry her...and I said it out loud, right in front of everyone. No one in our group of friends thought for even a second that I was "interested" in her.

I think if you like someone, its nice to also tell them exactly why. Good people and good friends are a rare treasure and deserve all the compliments and hugs you can find the time to give. :love: