Roommate/friend problem...

bhsunny21

Lately, it has been hell for me to live with my roommate. She and I have been friends for a little while, and moved in together about a year ago. Just recently I have been in a relationship with someone and really busy at work. I am not home as much because of work and because of the relationship, but I have been trying to do my best to still spend time with my roommate. However, it doesn't seem to be enough.

I feel I am on constant egg shells when around her and talking to her. She has been getting angry at me for nothing and giving me the silent treatment. When she finally tells me why she is angry, it is for a fabricated reason. She finally admitted that she was jealous of me, since I am in a relationship. (She has been single for a few months now) She stated that I am not the one who has done anything wrong, but even after that talk she keeps getting angry with me for no reason. The last straw was this morning when she said I lied to her about plans I had for the evening in order to get out of going out with her and her friends. I am not a liar and she knows this. Yet, she still called me a liar. I am tired of being accused for things and being made to feel uncomfortable at home. I seriously could be gone for a week and not talk to her at all and she would probably still think of something to be upset with me about.

I am at my boiling point right now. I don't want to lose her as a friend, but I seriously don't know what else to do. I have swallowed my pride and just gone with the flow for about as long as I can take it. Everytime she gets mad, I just buck up and apologize. I guess I am just looking for some advice.

Thanks everyone! (and sorry so long!)