I'm so tired of hearing people tell me how great they are!

hc101x

So, what is with girls today??? Maybe it's because I grew up with mostly guys. Maybe it's because my momma taught me better. Maybe it's just society crumbling as a whole... well, I don't know. I'm just sick and tired right now and I need to tell someone... someone who won't give me excuses!

I know so many girls whose only way of having a conversation is by talking about themselves. It's so annoying! I work with a girl who constantly reminds me how religious she is (but she doesn't belong to a church). I mean, I'm not even religious and I belong to a church. She even has a tattoo of her favorite psalm on her arm, and she doesn't belong to a church. And then all she ever wants to talk about is who hit on her. Okay, you're probably going to think I'm just jealous, but I'm not. I actually do get hit on about once a week. I'm not trying to brag, but just stating the facts. I don't talk about all the guys that hit on me, and maybe it's because it happens so often, it's the same story over and over again.

Speaking of that, one of my best friends tells stories about that constantly. "Oh, this guy told me how pretty I am, and this guy said I was cute.... blah blah BLAH!!!" And then she herself says she's cute. I mean... okay... so you're that full of yourself that you have to tell people that you're cute. She even tells people that she looks like Shakira. Trust me, she doesn't. Think Shakira but plainer.

It's just.... why??? I'm so tired of hearing people tell me how great they are!!! And no, I'm not jealous, I don't like to talk about myself too, I'm just tired of it! People, I really don't mind hearing about you and your life. I'm actually very interested in your happenings. Just stop bragging! Everyone is a special person, but you're not gods gift!!!

whew. Thanks.

It isn't everybody. It's the people you hang out with. They sound shallow and boring. You just have to keep looking until you find people who aren't like that. They do exist.

dalmatianbaby

Its been my experience that people that constantly chat themselves up, are the ones with the lowest self esteem. They want you to agree with them (or the people in their stories) so that they can feel better about themselves.

If you can't stand these people (I don't blame you, I can't handle them either), just walk away. People that are THAT full of themselves truly do recognize their flaws and are just baiting you to pump them up. I get severely irritated with people like that.

Dalmatianbaby