I was confronted

mortensorchid

mortensorchid

About a month ago I was in a situation. Please let me explain ...

A few months ago, a friend of mine started up with this gal who is odd to say the least. She dresses in full goth regalia in very revealing clothes, and when you say hello to her she hisses at you like a snake. About a month ago, she confronted me, telling me that she didn't want me to be so nice to her because I said to so and so that she dresses like a hooker. I have no recollection of saying that to someone, but, I have learned, by the time gossip gets back to you, people have made up their minds that it is true. Instead of denying this, I simply said "I acknowledge my position as an a*****. Take my hand in peace and we will be resolved". I think she was looking for us to get into a physical fight or something, and she just stares at me. Then she asked why I don't go back to where I came from. So I repeated "I acknowledge my position as an a*****. Take my hand in peace and we will be resolved". She said "I hate you", and I repeated for a third time. She is just staring at me, so I reach out, forcibly take her hand and shake it and said "We are resolved." She just stares at me some more. I said "Go on now ..." and she walked away.

I decided to keep my mouth shut about it. The next day, I find that her boyfriend unfriended me from Facebook and so did her circle of friends. I am fine with this, as they were not my friends to begin with. I've been avoiding them ever since. Of course, it came back the other week after a month of keeping my mouth shut about it. I said what's done is done, I have nothing to be ashamed of. If they decide that I am bad, then so be it.

SOmeone said I was a coward. Am I? No, not really. I'm happy away from their screaming and fighting.

I don't think you're a coward. I admire the fact that you simply weren't denying and not at all admitting to it... I've been in many of these situations where something is said and I was the one who said it... In reality I had no business or knowledge of the situation. I think how you went about the confrontation was very mature and not a lot of us will act the way you had. And you don't need to worry about it. Why don't you tell your Gothic friend that maybe you've admitted to her clothes being a little revealing, but words were simply twisted along the way and everyone seems to be making you out to be this heartless person. Many people have nothing better to do, but to make everyone hate each other. And most people still have a lot of growing up to do!!!