Friendship in jeopardy

My best friend is totally furious at me. She won't accept my calls, or take my messages. I can't even talk to her to explain myself. It all started when she was talking to this guy named Craig. He works with her at a resturaunt where she waits tables. She brought him to a few parties and I met him a few times, I knew they were friends, but I had no idea she liked him as much as she did. Well, one night, I had a party at my apartment and she told him to go ahead because she had to work a little later than he did and she would just meet him there. So he got there before she did and we started chit chatting. Well, a few drinks later things got a little flirty. I told him that we should probably cool it because he was dating my best friend. He swore to me that they were just "good buddies". Those were his exact words. So we flirted more and more and he invited me to the bedroom. So I accepted his invitation and we ended up getting down and dirty in my bedroom. Well, I don't know how long after that it was, but my best friend walked in and found us getting busy. She yelled at us, called me a bitch, and that's the last I have seen or heard from her.

I then asked him if they were just good buddies, why she reacted that way. He then told me that she liked him more than a friend, but he wasnt interested in her that way. I asked him if they had kissed or slept together and he said yes, that they had slept together. Then I felt terrible!

I stopped talking to him. I didnt want to have anything to do with him after he treated her that way, but now my friend is furious at me and won't speak to me.

How can I get her to listen to me and let me explain. I want my friend back. I feel terrible.

honestly, if you knew that she liked him, and you went ahead and messed around with him, you dont deserve her back. i cant beleive that you did that, that does not make you a friend at all.

To me, well, I think that the three of you have done irreparable damage to each other and you should all go your separate ways forever. There is no room for trust to develop between either or any of you. On the filp side, people are crazy these days and some people really don't care if they are respected or disrespected, they will love and stick to their friends regardless. Those people don't make sense to me but they do exist. If you are that kind of person you will probably keep screwing that guy and get back together with your girlfriend. You have to know who you are and what is important to you. Is self-respect important to you or these people who you have harmed and who have harmed you. But you see, there is the rub, I don't even know if you view it as you have harmed each other. Only you can know how to handle this one, I am at a loss.

• 2 weeks later...
frozentoothpick

Well I've seen many girl - girl friends tragically end over some stupid guy. I personally hate watching great friends like these instantly fall apart, it doesn't have to be this way! I have no idea what you could do honestly. maybe eventually she will forgive you over a long period of time, but she probably won't as long as she likes that guy.