My once best friend

My best friend (Elina) and I met in high school, grade 10, 5 years ago. We have been best friends for the better part of 4 years, but lately I wouldn't say so. We've drifted apart slowly and gradually ever since she got a boyfriend, I think about two years ago - then even more so since last summer because she became absorbed with her business program at school, work, dance and any other free time she had she would make it for her boyfriend.

Her other best friend, Rachel, who I am also friends with because of her, now no longer speaks to Elina because of Elina's lack of desire to hang out with her. They went back and forth for a while trying to fix their friendship but in the end neither of them basically gave a crap. Since last September I've been in between the two of them, listening to them both complain and doing some complaining myself. It seems that what happened with Elina and Rachel is now happening with Elina and I. She's so busy, all the freaking time, that I never see her.

She barely asks me to hang out, and when I brought that up with her a while ago, she accused ME of not asking her enough, and thats why she hadn't. She's played games like that before...and it's like...if you're friends with me and want to be...why can't you just ask to hang out whenever you want without turning it into a "well-I-asked-you-last-time" thing?

For example, I texted her today asking if she was available to go out to eat this week and her reply was "Dang i'm fully booked this week. i might be available next thursday or tuesday. dinner time ish."

First of all, she isn't a businesswoman, wtf is this "fully booked" crap? Isn't that kind of impersonal? I'm fairly sure she's not working every day, she's only taking 1 class this summer and dance classes.

She used to text me, msn me etc all the time, and that has dwindled about 95% since September.

Right now I feel a lot like I just don't care. If she doesn't ask me to hang out, or try to make time to hang out, why should I even bother? She's so happily absorbed with her own life that a friendship with me doesn't even seem like it's convenient for her anymore.

Which is fine, it just leaves me with about two friends, both of which I hardly see as it is.

So if this thing doesn't get better, I'm gonna have to make a big effort to get out there and meet people. I've already signed up to volunteer for a Cancer run in July and haven't thought of what else I can do yet.

So should I keep trying with my friend even though she's so busy, or should I let it go and move on?