Weird guy friend

pleasehelpme

pleasehelpme

Hi, I am a 19 male dude. Okay, so I met this guy in high school. He is nerdy, dorky, a smartass. Kind of like me, but I'm not as extreme. I pitied him, and friended him in a way. He told me his AIM screen name.

First year of college is done. He says he wants to do stuff together. He wants to do things together. Okay, that is cool. I played tennis with him - he is good at that. He calls me more, and tells me he likes doing things together. He is always like, "When do you want to do something again??" It gives me the impression he always is alone.

I keep getting annoyed by his smartass conversations with me. He thinks he is so smart, his jokes are all not funny. He always relates them to weird standup comedians. The music that he listens to is just ridiculous (it is 'funny' music, where they make jokes instead of actually sing). I've never even heard of them.

He has obsessive compulsive disorder - he told me this himself. He is quite stalker-like too. I've been trying to avoid him, but it hasn't worked out too well. He came to my house and called me like 10 times. Knocked on my door many times. I was sleeping, got woke up, and didn't answer. I knew it was him...

I know the best solution would just to tell him to go away and tell him I don't want to hang out with him. Pity ... is it good or bad? Shouldn't I just do what everyone else did to him? He kind of asks for it from his behavior... so I don't know. This guy creeps me out, and I don't want any part in his life anymore.

If he creeps you out and is making you unhappy don't feel guilty in ending the 'friendship'.

You have no obligation to befriend creepy people.

Your only obligation is to make life decisions based on what will bring you happiness.