Were best friends, but we still have strong feelings..

my Ex and I broke up in December. Were going steady as friends, though sometime late in January, she tells me she still gets jealous of me talking to girls..and ever since then, occoisanly, we have conversations of how muchwe like each other etc. She calls me amazing, the perfect guy, everything shes ever wanted...BUT she says she doesnt want a boyfriend..she wants to wait, and i repect that. Recently we stopped the conversation of the liking, and were literally each others best friends. EVERYTHING in common, so how could we not still talk? she says, she wants us to be just friends, so our friendship can grow even stronger, and maybe make her and myself want each other more. She says she will ALWAYS have feelings for me, and she will always stand beside what she has told me, and never take it back, myself the same way. But, i want her back, ive been trying, its been months, anc he convos we had were the little hope i recieved of maybe holding her in myt arms again. but i cant help but think thatll never happen. Latey one of her ex's has been texting her everyday, and im afraid he will get her before i get my chance. she says there is nothing to worry about, and i believe her, but i cant help but think the bad side. i am a very jealous person, and i hate that! everytime i see her talking to another guy....it gets me deep down. she says were just best friends right now, and she doesnt want to talk about how we likke each other and everything and just go on as friends. yea, i know i need to work on my jealousy, and the fact that i sometimes come off as clingy and obbsessive...but as best friends right now! what do i need to do, to get her to want me back? to make her ask the question "do you still like me" to make her, come to me first everyday, to make her WANT me back. she says she thinks about me everyday, and maybe thatll help. but what to do? give her space? trust her more? stand by the fact that when she says nothing will happen with this ex, to belive it? to not worry about other guys? what to do! im so confused, and its hard to just ignore your best friend, and its very hard to not text her when all thats running through your mind is the thought of her texting that guy, or any other guys! i know it sounds wrong, but i cant help it. i love her, and even if i dont get her back, and someone does, yea ill be devasted, but ill be happy for her because...im her best friend. SO WHAT TO DO? PLEASE HELP. WITH ANY ADVICE, OR TEQNIQES OF WHAT I SHOULD DO FROM THIS DAY FORWARD! btw, she normally text me first everyday...if that helps with the advice...i told you everything that going on...but please...HELP! basically best friends, still like each other, i want her back, idk about her, how do i get her back, even though were in the best friend stage...

Latey one of her ex's has been texting her everyday, and im afraid he will get her before i get my chance.

The thing is, you've already HAD your chance.

By the sounds of your post, she has been really laying it on thick about you two being "best friends", hasn't she? And her talk of maybe building it back to being "romantic partners" isn't sounding too convincing, is it? You are sensing this, which is why you're feeling insecure about all of it.

You're likely dealing with your false hope based on her empty promises. For you own sake, so that you won't be completely crushed when she starts dating other guys (which she will), you may want to consider finding the courage and strength to go strict 'no contact'.

Yes, it will be very difficult for you. Yes, you will miss her. But it just sounds like, for her, she doesn't have romantic feelings for you any longer. She's going to develop them for somebody else sooner or later. And that is going to hurt worse...unless you start to do what you gotta do in order to gain some much-needed emotional distance.

I know it sucks. Hugs.

• Author

yea, dude..i know i should. She says she doesnt like anyone else, she wnats to date me again...but she doesnt want a boyfriend. she says that its best if we just be best friends, and hide our feelings. she wants to date me.....shes just not ready for a relationship..and the dude who keeps texting her, she doesnt like...i trust her. i know shes gonna date other people...but im hoping ill be next...i just need to figure out what to do. if no contact comes, shell start to think i want nothing to do with her? which is what i DONT WANT, because then what if she starts texting him everyday....and they start flirting and everything

• Author

were both in highschool, i see her everyday at lunch...and its hartd to go no contact, its hard to not wonder who shes textng...its hard to not want to go sy hi...i know its better...but its very challenging. its gonna hurt when she has a new boyfriend, because itll make me think everything she says was a lie. but she says none of it was...and shes still crazy abput me. i just dont know what to do, and when she texts me, if i should be short? or full of emotion? i cant figure it out, what to say, do, so any advice, along with no contact, or and alternative would be greatly appreciated