An old friend

I have this friend that I grew up with all my life until she moved away when she was 14. Not to far but she use to live down the street from me so we started not seeing each other as much. When she left we had this big conversation about how we loved each other but it was a platonic relationship as shes like a sister to me. As we started seeing each other less and less I seemed to think about her more and more to the point were it affected how I acted around her. I realized I was obsessing way to much over her and actually started to avoid her in order to clear my head. Although this worked well for awhile it definitely caused us to drift more.

My problem is that she happens to be my best friends sister so I still run into her from time to time. And for some reason I start to become obsessive about her again (im not talking stalking or anything like that just thinking about her wayyyyy to much) every time to the point where I decide again that I'm better off avoiding her. It works for awhile but then 6 months later I'll run into her again, hang out a couple times and then the pattern will repeat again. This has been happening for like 5-6 years now and i haven't seen her much over the last couple until a handful of times over the last month.

When I'm with her I act way to nice to her for some reason and when we are with a group of people I focus way to much on her. Shes never really said anything but I can tell she notices and probably even gets annoyed at times.

I don't really know what I'm looking for by posting this but its been bugging me for a long time and its nice to get it off my chest. Any thoughts?

aww.. it sounds as if you have feelings for this girl.. is she single? are you? do you think you have a chance of a relationship with her? you say you think she gets annoyed with the attention you give her, but that may be in your head only..