Estranged Friend.. Or is it me??

lovebubble

I'm usually not one to stress friendships.. not because I don't care but, because it's always seemed to be one aspect of my life that was always consistant. I met my two best friends in the 3rd grade. I met another in the 7th grade.. and this has consistantly been my group of friends from childhood up until now, I am 23 years old.

Lately, some things have changed.. and I don't know if it's me.. or life but, I feel a little.. misplaced.

The friends that I met in 3rd grade, I will called one Rachel and the other Christina. Rachel and I have always had a special bond. We went to school together until we graduated and lived in the same city.. whereas, Christina did not.. although we all found time to hang as a trio it was well known that Rachel and I were a little closer. Rachel got a boyfriend in the 8th grade and not to be judgemental but, he literally consumed her life. This is where I started to see a side of Rachel that bothered me. This cycle of being consumed by boyfriends continued up until our adult life. It slowly pushed me away from her as she was only dependable when a man was not consuming her.

I got married 2+ years ago and remained good friends with all of my friends. Rachel joined the army and went away for a year. Christina and I heard from her maybe once a month, while she talked to her boyfriend every day. They were married 2 months later. She got stationed in another town, and you would think she was in basic traning all over again. We hear from here very seldomly.. and when we call her she is busy and her husband is always within feet from her and included in our convo.

Christina and I have had several convos about the change. Why? I haven't talked to Rachel about it as she is extremely closed off with her feelings and emotions and I don't want her to feel attacked or have to change herself for me. I just chose to back away from the friendship. Now, Rachel is randomly in town.. and while Christina has expressed to me the same feelings.. she is hanging out with her 24/7 while she is in town. Now, Rachel is upset with me.. and feels that I'm not a good friend.. because I'm being true to my feelings? We have grown apart. I just hate how now Christina is painted out to be the perfect friend.. when she has talked down upon Rachel even more than myself.

Should I set differences aside and hold onto my childhood friend??? My friends are far and few in between.. I don't really feel like I can afford to lose friends right now.. but, truth be told, I do not like the person Rachel has turned into.

Help Plz