My Frustrating Friends.....

Spooky84

I just dont get it.

I feel like the last man standing out of a very large group of male friends.

I'm really getting used to losing friends to bad relationships. Nearly every good friend I have been lucky enough to have over the last 10 years is now rotting away in bad relationships. Even new friends!

I just met a guy two weeks ago that has a lot of common interests with me, around the same age blah, blah...but even at 25 years old, the guy is on his second bad marriage and can barely leave the house.

I asked him how his Christmas was and he said "Horrible...anything else would have been shocking to me." His wife's family is apparently awful and drugs are rampant with her...but he just grits his teeth and bears it.

It's really sad that all of these young and in many cases very bright, sweet guys are in these awful relationships and for some reason just cant or wont get out of them.

I have actually heard more than one of them say they would rather be terribly unhappy than alone. I even hear the same guys say they havent had sex in months...but still they stay.

I guess once you get to a certain age friendships become a thing of the past...and relationships with women, no matter how happy or unhappy, are the only option for these guys.