My friend never congratulated me

SlightlyMad

About a week ago I finally landed my dream job after looking forever. On my facebook, I had at least 20 different people congratulate me (Including people I haven't spoken to in months). However, a friend that is very close to me hasn't even acknowledged it yet. It's not like she doesn't know about it, because I'm friends with her husband too who congratulated me. I know it seems trivial, but I have done a lot for this friend (Shoulder to cry on, helped her through a lot family troubles, etc.) and to be honest, it has bummed me out that I haven't heard a word from her yet. Argh!

She may not have logged on to fb in a while. I don't spend much time on fb, so I'm sure I miss all kinds of stuff if that's the only place people mention something. And just because her husband congratulated you on fb, doesn't mean he mentioned it to her.

It's the holidays, too, so everyone has a lot going on and a lot on their minds.

When was the last time you spoke to her, live? On the phone or in person? I'll bet she'd congratulate you then. Why don't you give her a call and tell her your great news so she can share your excitement?

Maybe she is waiting for a phone call..Feels that hearing the good news over facebook is so non personal.

Try to keep your friendship, if it's a good one, more OFFLINE.

there wasn't a big problem. your story just like me. i think your friend didn't hear about your success. just like whichwayisup said that just keep your friendship, it's more dificult for making friends than making enemies. :)