What am I doing wrong?

RogueAngel19

Ok so i made friends with a girl at my college and we have hungout a few times in a relaxed coffee shop kind of setting. We talk about everything including the subject of the class i met her in. She's a grad student and i am an undergrad but it never bothered her. We e-mail back and forth and she's texted me once. She says she wants to be friends and that she thinks i'm a cool person but I feel like i'm doing something wrong. She doesn't call me on the phone and I've known her for a few months now and we've been hanging out for almost 2. I know she's busy with grad school but am i that much of an inconvenience that she can't call me every once in awhile or text me back. I've only texted her twice once in response to her text and another time just to say hey but she never responded. Should i just give up or am i being pushy? What do i do?

Sorry, I don't know how old under-grad is, like 18/19?

Anyway, as I get older I tend to think that people can 'like it or lump it' and I don't want to waste my time on people playing games or the school-yard politics... didn't mean to sound so harsh there, but that's what I'm telling you; just ask her. Next time you see her, just say something like 'look, I'm not trying to be pushy, but have I done something wrong here? Because you say you want to be my friend, but you never reply to my messages or call me back or whatever, what's up?'

But I'm bitter and twisted with no friends, so you probably don't want to listen to me :)

• Author

Thanks. I think I will do that. I'm not a very aggressive person in areas like this especially when I am trying to make friends. But yeah i am 19 sorry forgot to mention it. And she's somewhere over the age of 21 if i had to guess i would say 22 since its her first year as a grad i think. But yeah i'll try that.

Plus, it's better than being someones go-to friend (you know, the back up friend for when all other friends are unavailable) for years and just being at her beck and call. I'm not saying that's what's happening here, but I'm dead against that - being a go-to friend is no fun at all.

You might as well ask, perhaps she doesn't realise she's upset you, or maybe she's worried about being pushy too. If she thinks you're weird for asking, then she probably wouldn't make a very good friend anyway and you can tell her to shove it - problem solved! ;)

• Author

I definitely do not want to be a go to friend. I never thought that maybe she was worried about being pushy or might be shy. I'll ask her because you're right if not she may not be worth it.