When you never believe your friend?

LevelHeaded

I have a friend that I love dearly that I have caught in lies many times. The other night, we were supposed to go to a concert together (we already had tickets). He texted me that morning and said he was sick. When he said that, I didn't believe him. I think it's because it's happened so much. We still see each other about once a week, but every time he's been "sick" it was always with an event that I suggested and he agreed to.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Is it a bad sign that when a friend tells you he's sick, you automatically don't believe him?

Well, because of the lies.... you have little trust in your friend.

I would STOP inviting him to things because its obvious he feels he can lie to you and I would not call that a good friend.

He does not want to hang out with you most times and instead of saying " NO I am going to pass on that band , ..." he instead lies ...

I would find a friend who does not lie so much. This erodes the trust BIG TIME.

Mary is right.

Sometimes they don't want to hurt your feelings by saying no right at the begining. Sometimes they are just weak and hope to put it off till later, which makes it worse.

Sometimes they say yes and then something better comes along and they lie and say they are sick.

Don't invite them anymore.

• Author

Thanks to both of you for your responses. Deep inside, I know you're right -- I need to stop inviting him. I haven't initiating meeting him since he backed out on the concert a week ago, and I surprise that he hasn't initiated anything either. I guess its to be expected.

davidolivamailx

my girl friend who is always tell me lie when i charged her where was she ..when i asked she became angry..i was so shocked that i loved her very much why she did this to me !!!isn't she love me or wanted to avoid me?

Stop suggesting and see how committed he is to events he invites you to. Tip: Let him buy the tickets and you pay him back when you meet up for the event.

TBH, he doesn't sound like a friend. Too self-involved or BBD (bigger, better deal) type personality.