Should I contact an ex friend after 4 years?

bluewolf17

My heart is breaking on this.

Tiana and I were friends since Highschool. We are both 26 now. We always have been close, but we had a falling out 4 years ago. I had moved in with her, and soon after, she got a boyfriend, and asked him to move in as well (I was strongly against that, I didn't want to live with a man, and she just met him!). They guy turned out to be a total control freak, and we were at eachothers necks all the time. I moved out shortly after, and never spoke with her again. She did call me years ago, but I didn't call back. I know she asks around about me.

Bottom line is, she has always been the kind of friend that drops everything for a man. I shouldn't have been suprised when it happend. I felt that she would learn her lesson with this new guy, and she didn't. I was sick of her dropping her friends, and as soon as she got a boyfriend. Plus she was notoroius for dating really jerky guys who would scare off all her friends.

She married the guy, and I found out she moved to another city. I am posting because through all this, I love her as a friend. I want her to be happy, and I feel back about how I ended things. Last night a mutual friend told me she is in some trouble, has a bad gamling habit, has been drinking to excess, and that she doesn't have any girlfriends anymore.

She also found out she is unable to have children (somthing that was so important to her). Even though I am still angry with her, I feel so bad. I want to reach out to her.

I still have her email address, and I was thinking of just emailing her somthing short..along the lines of

Tiana,

How are you? It has been a long, long time. I know we left things unresolved, but I have been thinking of you often, and would like to talk-If that's somthing you are interested in. If not, I understand.

My number hasn't changed.

Take Care,

Me.

What do you think?

Gingerblue

I think you worded it perfectly. She could probably use a friend and would love hearing from you. Whatever the outcome, you acted out of kindness and friendship in contacting her. It's the right thing to do!

whichwayisup

Call her. You have nothing to lose.. And, you can tell her why the friendship ended, the way she treated you etc..

Hopefully in the past four years she's grown up and changed abit.

engravefeelthevoid

in 4 yeas she would have forgotten what happened and i think she will listen :) but try to make it random