wish I was going too

My friend just told me she is going to a concert.I would of liked to go but she didnt invite me.Ive always invited her everytime ,I went to a concert.After she told me I was very upset.All the years I known her I invited her with me when ever I was going.How can you go to a concert without, inviting your best friend? She knew I would of liked to go.Then she always calls me up afterwards and rubs it in my face.I feel so hurt right now.

If you expect to go through life having all your kindnesses returned, you are in big trouble. I would say that better than 50 percent of humans are selfish, self centered and without enough thoughtfulness to think about others who have been kind to them.

Don't even give concert tickets or anything else with the expectation that you will get treated the same way. Most of the time it simply won't happen. The same thing has happened to me and I wasn't disappointed in the least because I just plain didn't expect it.

It sounds like the friendship is not as mutual as you think. If it were, she probably would have at least told you of the concert and given you a chance to buy a ticket along with hers so you could enjoy the event together. She didn't even do that.

If you want to keep this person as a friend, just plain forget about it being 50/50 because that's not going to happen. If you enjoy being with this friend and doing things with this friend, continue to do so as long as you're getting something out of it.

Just remember, all the days you live on this planet you will not be treated nicely by all the people you are nice to. As a matter of fact, many of the people you are kind, generous and thoughtful to will end up shoving it up yours...without lubricant. It's not my idea...it's just the way things work in the world.

When you find a special person who returns your goodness in-kind and treats you like you want to be treated as a friend, hold on to that person for dear life. That is a true friend.

Unfortunately, today people aren't raised to be good friends. The greatest majority are brought up to look out for themselves. Having you by me concert tickets is sure looking out for myself, wouldn't you say.

I'm sorry this has happened to you but if you don't stop giving with the expectation of receiving in return, you will live a life of great anguish and disappointment. Giving with expectations of getting something back is not a good reason for giving in the first place.

I'm sorry I had to be the person to break this news to youl.

• Author

I understand it all much better.Ill just forget about what happened and accept it.

Thanks very much for the advice.

Patty

Similar things have happened to me before. I know that it sucks. I just wanted to point out that maybe you are jumping to conclusions. Perhaps someone else invited her and it wasn't an option to invite you. That said, if you want to go so bad, then find someone else and go have some fun without that friend. Tell your friend you are going too. If she says something like she didn't know you wanted to go, you can remind her that she didn't ask.