Cooked dinner for a friend and now he won't talk to me

um! i traveled all the way to nebraska this thanksgiving to cook thanksgiving dinner for a friend that is stationed there. it's not like i had anything else to do and i don't have a boyfriend. i've been depressed for the past year and needed something to look forward to around the holidays. i thought it would be a nice, friendly gesture which i suggested to him back in august and he agreed to. okay. so thanksgiving dinner was awesome. the turkey and stuffed mushrooms i made totally rocked.

so i come home and he hasn't talked to me since. it's not like i went there in hopes for a relationship. i went as a friend. a FRIEND. that's all. i sent him a few meaningless messages over myspace just to start a conversation, shoot the crap and all. then i sent him a few texts. this was all done over the course of the month and not consecutively. i'm pretty bummed!

i guess he got the wrong idea and was freaked out by me making dinner for him? also, i did kind of like him, but i didn't say anything that would insinuate it. i mean, i specifically remember having a conversation with him saying that I was through with dating for quite a while and i haven't met anyone that excited me the same way, which is a lie. i don't know which is worse. the loss of a friend or the fact that he was turned off enough by me to stop being my friend. crap. i'm a mess. i'm so depressed. :sick: