so now what?

andthentherewasu

andthentherewasu

I have a friend, who is younger than I am who I have feelings for that are more than friendship. I've told him but he does not really respond to them specifically and his thoughts and expressions on love and relationships are somewhat hinting that although he may not be expressing interest now it does not mean he is not interested. So you see I am confused? Do I just let things be the way they are and continue a friendship with him and see what happens or just get away from him as fast as possible before my feelings get hurt.

Talk to him about it again. You did at one time and it seems pretty clear to me that he is not interested in you other than friendship. Because of the confusion your going through it would be best to talk to him again to get some closure on it.

After that you will probably have to spend less time with him to gain better control of your emotions for the sake of the friendship. At which point you could go on as friends. However if you don't feel you can handle just a friendship your best bet is to brake off all contact with him until you feel you can accept the fact that he does not want anything more than f/s. Or if this case of love is bad enough you may not want to come in contact with him anymore.

Good Luck

• Author
andthentherewasu

This case of love is too strong to just leave the relationship just because I can't get my emotions in check. I do not want to lose one of the most wonderful friendships I've had in a long time.

I think we are going to end up being really good lifelong friends and who knows what can happen down the road. I have to learn to take things slow. Good things come to those who wait.

Realize that you cant let him crawl in and out of your heart like it were a window. Your going to have to close that window. I hope you can stay strong and be close with him at the same time. I had a friend once who said "Thats right velvet, keep telling yourself were just friends" He was right! I couldn't pretend we were just friends.

This takes strength you know! Do you want to feel this way for the next few years? Don't you think it could be draining? Sounds very similar to what I went through. It one roller coaster that sometimes feels is just not quit worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

How old is your friend, and how old are you? Age has alot to do with the way he feels about the friendship/relationship situation. Talk to him again, and if he has no reaction to it, then forget about. You two can still be friends but kinda seperate yourself from him. Let him come to you.

As our fellow group members so elegantly put it, you need to understand a few things.

1) it is concievable to maintain an active friendship w/someone you hold an intimate attraction to...However it is equally important that you confront your friend and get some concrete information. Then and only then will you be able to move forward.

2) Once you've both thoroughly discussed the situation, you'll become more capable of making a more rational decision. As stated it is concievable to maintain an active relationship w/him, the only question is how long?

3) In this day-and-age it is increasingly important that you protect yourself physically, emotionally, and spiritually. In the same breathe we are all human, and we are all susceptible to heartache and emotional stress...The key is knowing yourself...What makes you tick? The firmer understanding you have of yourself the easier it will be for you to navigate through these situations!

Be Brave and Be strong...Good luck!

let us know how it turns out !

-The Truth