LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Friendship

Friendship Having issues with a friend? Get it off your chest!

Old 16th April 2002, 3:10 PM   #1
Just Wondering

OK this is kinda long and boring but I would really like some help on this matter.

First off let me say that I have an AOL account over at my best friends (ex-boyfriend) house. Well his parents went through my e-mail and I told my best friend that doing this was a violation of my privacy. The next night my best friend went through my e-mail. I dont know how they got my password or anything. I totally went off on him. Was I in the right to yell at him over this? I dont know if I ever want to see him again, but we have been such good friends before this happened (for 5 years).
Old 16th April 2002, 3:18 PM   #2
Established Member

Re: E-mail

There are certain people who are just plain curious...curious about things that have absolutely nothing to do with them and have no impact on their lives. I think that may be why raunchy talk shows and soap operas are so popular.

There are a lot of people who given the opportunity to read other people's email will do so with no evil intent whatsoever. But, you are right, it's still a major invasion of privacy.

You are 50 percent guilty here for having an email account at the home of people who do not respect your privacy. They are 50 percent guilty in this situation for not respecting your privacy.

I don't know that I would let this affect the friendship. You should forgive them because they have quickly taught you a lesson you will never forget...that almost anyone can be nosey and what you don't want read or discovered you should protect with great care and not leave in other people's homes. Never get mad at the teacher...be pissed at yourself for not learning sooner.
Tony T is offline   Reply With Quote