Wreckless Friend-rock bottom

monkey5

This may take a bit of explaining, but bear with me, I could really use the advice right now.

I met E a 5-6 years back through similar interests, we quickly became best friends. Early on in our friendship, she confided in me and made me aware that she was currently being treated for severe clinical depression, as well as ADD. I understood her condition and accepted her for it as a good friend should. At that time, she was an amazing person: intelligent, logical, mature for her age. She comes from a well-to-do family, and her parents give her huge support-both financially and emotionally. She is eating off a silver spoon.

Two years ago, I moved 5 states away, yet maintained contact and a close friendship with E. We both started college at the same time, and we often conversed online everyday. Shortly after starting college, she started drinking, fooling around with guys she didn't know- and wound up being sexually assaulted at a party (she was drunk, it was considered digital rape). After a visit to the ER, a rape-kit exam, and severe alcohol poisoning...nothing woke this girl up. The worst part is, she is on a high dosage of medication- and she does not seem aware (or even care) about the possibilities and consequences it brings. She has even admitting to driving while under the influence. Through all of her crap, I sat and listened to her, being a good friend.

Back in January, she started seeing a guy, let's call him C. C was a bit questionable in the 1st place...he fell in love with her after 2 weeks, he had no friends...and, he asked her to be a date to a wedding...ironically enough, he came up with the excuse, "well, I guess we'll have to rent a motel for the night."...then she lost her virginity to him...in the cheap motel room. To top off this "relationship", he gave her HPV. Upon a pelvic exam, her GYN found abnormal cells on the cervix and had to draw a biopsy...still, she is under close watch.

Last week, she called me in tears telling me her boyfriend dumped her. Apparently, this guy confided in her that he has emotional issues that he needs sorted out, and needs to break up. She admitted to me that after he broke up with her (she had sex with him right after the breakup!) she had stopped taking her bc pills in an attempt to keep him around- she also told him she wants to kill herself...as well as showing her dad the sheets. (WTF?!)

Now, I am at the point where I want to call her parents and tell them to commit her to a psychiatric hospital- she has too many demons to exercise...and she does not need to pass HPV to anyone else (she's already looking for her f***buddy.)

What should I do? Cut off all ties with her? Get her serious help? I want to be a good friend, but it's extremely hard to stay loyal to somebody I cannot see eye to eye through ethical, emotional, as well as professionally...it's wearing me down.

Please, any advice would be beneficial at this point.