"I dont have a crush on you!"

4givrnt4gtr

4givrnt4gtr

So, i wrote a while back about how my guy friend was acting more like a bf for a while.

Then i wrote how we ended up getting drunk and making out....

Well after that he didnt contact me for two weeks, in which I got back with my boyfriend.

Afterwards he contacted me again and I let him know i was back with my bf. He was acting like a friend again but then asked why I got back with him and what would it take for me to break it off again.

After that i didnt talk to him much anymore. I also told my bf about what happened and though he didnt ask me to not talk to him, i still feel a bit...awkward doing so.

Then he texted me two days ago. He wanted to know why i hadnt call him. i said i would call him after work. Somehow that didnt work out, he called but i couldnt answer then. He texted me yesterday saying thanks for not calling him back to which i said i had been busy and didnt hear the phone. He then "jokingly" answered with "you just were talking to that guy, which im not cool with, you should be talking to me!!!"

I "jokingly" answered with "well sorry friend but u just cant compete with xxx"

He then went onto how he beg to differ according to what i had said that night...i then asked him to forget that night, that it had been totally inappropiate. He then said "aww thats sad, but Im just saying, i can compete with him"

Anyway, we texted some more and i said id call him later.

So finally i called him at night, we talked some, and then somehow he mentioned how I had praised him so highly and how surprised he was that I had said he was the best in what he was doing. I think i hurt his ego cuz then i said "ahh yeah...hmm maybe i was being nice about it you know" (I swear I didnt mean it the way it came out!!!)

So then he said he had been nice as well...and then asked me if i thought he had a crush on me. I lied saying no, and he said "well good, cuz i dont...I just see you as a friend". he then mentioned how this other girl thought i have a crush on him...(definitely not!). I assured him i dont.

So, my question is...is it possible to make out with someone you've been friends with for a long time, and not have a crush on them? I mean...i think i dont like him....but apparently other people seem to think i do. On the same token, he says he doesnt like me...but honestly, ive always had a feeling he does....

Is it possible neither of us like each other, yet we are sending the wrong vibes??

Also, is it inappropiate to continue my friendship with him? Somehow i feel it is...but then we've been such good friends for so long....it makes me sad to lose that.

He definitely has a crush on you. He sees your make out as validation that you like him as well. I think you just like him as a friend and he was around when you were having problems with the bf. He was the fall back guy but now that you and your bf have made up you realize he is the one you want.

You need to tell him that you only like him as a friend but if he can't see you the same way then you need to leave each other alone because you can't be friends when 1 of you wants more. It might hurt but friends aren't really friends if sex gets in the way. He has probably liked you for a long time and sees it as his opportunity. You have to shut him down and put some distance between yourselves. Tell him there is another women out there for him but you and him are meant to be just friends.