is she pissed or what?

Phateless

can't figure this girl out. every once in a while she'll call to talk and "say hi" cuz we haven't talked in a while, but whenever i try to contact her she seems blatantly disinterested, cold, and borderline rude. I tried to talk to her about it once and she changed the subject. If she doesn't want to be my friend anymore she should just tell me outright or delete me from facebook or something. we're just friends.

How to approach this?

Um, seems like she's wielding the sword, even in a friendship.

Talk about taking back the power.

She isn't giving you any, it seems, which isn't a real friendship. :(

Platonic relationships with guys are usually easy!

• Author
Um, seems like she's wielding the sword, even in a friendship.

Talk about taking back the power.

She isn't giving you any, it seems, which isn't a real friendship. :(

Platonic relationships with guys are usually easy!

Yeah. I think I'm just gonna ask her straight out what's up and if I get no response and this continues, I'll just delete her from im, facebook, my phone, and not worry about it anymore. I'm too busy for this crap.

Don't delete her yet.

If you guys are just friends, why is it upsetting you so?

Ask her.

Maybe she doesn't realize how one-sided it's been due to busy schedule, family crisis, or ???

• Author

It's just the blatant disinterest and borderline rudeness whenever I try to talk to her that bugs me. I dunno, if she doesn't want to talk to me, why answer the phone? People make no sense.

Don't delete her yet.

That reeks of angst and rubs people the wrong way.

Don't contact her.

If and when she contacts you, ignore it, and see what happens.

This may sound mean but maybe you are a backup friend for her. I know people who do that. You may be the friend that she calls when all of her other friends are busy. I actually had this happen to me once, and once I realized it I ditched her. I could be wrong... but I think it's a possibility.

• Author
This may sound mean but maybe you are a backup friend for her. I know people who do that. You may be the friend that she calls when all of her other friends are busy. I actually had this happen to me once, and once I realized it I ditched her. I could be wrong... but I think it's a possibility.

I think you're right. It's just a shame because we started off as really close friends...