Now married woman won't talk to her old crushes wife!

inhighwater

Wanted to get everyone's opinion on this. (Names changed to protect people.)

Let's go back in time......

There once was a approx. 13 year old girl named Laura that had a crush for a long time on a guy that was 8 years older than her. This guy, Jerry, worked with her mom. Well, Jerry found out that Laura had a crush on him and he let her know that he thought of her as his little sister and nothing other than friendship would ever happen between them. Well, when Laura was approx. 16 years old, Jerry met his future wife. Well, during the time Jerry was dating his future wife, Laura got a boyfriend (a guy that went to school with her) which she ended up later marrying and having a child with. Jerry ended up getting married to his future wife just a little over a year after meeting her and then had a child with his wife.

Now let’s go to the present day......

Well, a few months after Jerry and his wife's child is born, Jerry's wife added Laura to a couple of her friends lists online and Laura accepted the invites. One day Jerry's wife saw that Laura had put a bulletin saying that she was bored so Jerry's wife decided to try and start a conversation (not being mean or nothing just being friendly) with Laura, an also married woman with a child. Jerry's wife tried to start the conversation by leaving Laura a comment. Well, Jerry's wife can see when Laura has been online by a last loggin date. Well, needless to say Laura has been logged in since Jerry's wife left the comment and Laura has never responded to Jerry's wife. Well, incase Laura accidently didn't see the comment. Jerry's wife decided to leave an instant message starting a conversation and same there, no reply from Laura.

Why do you think that Laura will not talk to Jerry's wife?

And especially why won’t Laura not talk to Jerry’s wife after accepting the invites?

Especially, when Laura is married and has a child with her husband and Jerry and his wife are married and have a child as well.

Why would Laura have any reason not to at least say the word "hi" to Jerry's wife?

Doesn't make any sense to me!

I think Jerry's wife just needs to get over it. It won't ever make sense to her/you.

I doubt that Laura cares about Jerry in that respect still, but she just doesn't want to be Jerry's wife's/your friend. Accept it.

Some people accept "invites" all of the time and don't really care to be friends with those people.

She sounds immature, but IT DOESN'T MATTER...she doesn't want to be your friend, and that is it.

Move on from this before you reach complete stalker status.

Yes, I would move on as well and forget about it. And speaking of bi-polar behavior, that could the case as well. In fact, about this time last night I believe I was have a discussion with someone that was bi-polar and the behavior is parallel. I would just move on.

Ok, I just read some of your other threads.

WHY are you trying to be friends with this girl? Why would you try to unnecessarily bring her into your life?

There's seriously no need for that. Move on.

• Author

Jerry's wife figured since Laura is still friends with Jerry and Laura leaves Jerry offline messages sometimes that she (Jerry's wife) could get to know Laura other than just wait Jerry tells his wife about Laura. Between Laura and Jerry's wife it doesn't have to be a friendship but you'd think if you can talk to a woman's husband that you could at least say hi to his wife if she greets you.

• Author

Actually, Jerry's wife thinks it kind of amuzing that Laura will not talk to her. Especially when all of Jerry's other friends male or female can say at least hi to her (Jerry's wife). Even one woman (not Laura) that had a crush on Jerry when he was dating his future wife said hi and put on a conversation with Jerry's wife without Jerry's wife even greeting her first.

You know how something happens or doesn't happen and you wonder why and you have that little voice in your head that asks questions? Like is she trying to hide something, is she embrassed, is she judging before getting to know someone?

I would have called the guy Luke instead of Jerry. Think about it... wasn't there a Luke and Laura on that soap opera during the 80's. Jerry and Laura doesn't have a kick to it. I say the whole thing is doomed for that reason alone. Maybe Laura wants to leave Jerry for Lisa who is younger. You forgot to mention the guys name that Lisa is married too!

Why do you want to be friends with Laura so badly? Are you concerned that she might be communicating with your husband with intentions of flirting/cheating?

Maybe Laura is not interested in having any more friends?

Also, some people don't accept IMs....I am one of those people. I just dislike that form of communication. I don't respond to text messages, either.

So let me get this straight. :confused:

Laura is leaving messages for Jerry, but will not respond to messages from Jerry's wife?

In that case I think the sensible thing to do would be for Jerry to ask Laura why? :rolleyes: If there is a problem, then perhaps Jerry should stop talking to Laura for Jerry's wife's sake. :)