Birthday coming up and not sure that anyone knows

Krytie TV

I suppose this is the place to be posting this.

OK, this may sound silly to some, but it's important for someone that has a new state every couple years.

So my birthday is coming in less than a month. Last year, while I was with my g/f in this area, my birthday was rather... disappointing and ruined because she chose to confront an issue that was bothering her on the evening before we went out... we didn't go out.

So I have a good group of friends now. I'm debating whether to just let it pass by without a word or to make it known that it's approaching. The question there would be how to make it known without sounding pathetic.

I guess what's important to know about me is that I never elicit attention from anyone. I don't brag, show off, or talk about things that aren't relevant to the people I'm with. To me, I would feel like a loser having to tell my friends that my birthday is coming up because I want people to care enough to know already.

Any thoughts? To elicit or not...

Do you make your needs known to your SO? Why not friends too?

I say elicit the sh*t outta this - who's gonna care? If there's ever a time to demand attention, it's on your birthday. The entire month of May is dedicated to me, so why not have a special day that's all about you? ;)

one way you can clue them in is to say, it's my birthday soon, and I'm hoping to get together with my friends to celebrate because y'all mean so much to me. So keep your calendar open, okay?

that gets the conversation rolling and will allow them to plan accordingly. Because I'm guessing that for you, it's about getting to be with those friends on your special day, not because they're going to shower you with attention for the mere fact it's your birthday that day!

Well, I am one who is not into being reminded that I am having another birthday again. SO, for me to tell people is not an option. :D

But if you want them to know, then there is nothing wrong with letting them know. Fact is...YOU can have a birthday party for yourself. No rule against that. You are not asking for gifts...you just want to celebrate the fact that you have been on earth for this many years.

Have a party and invite your friends. Celebrate and be thankful.

Whenever it's my birthday I organize something for my self utilizing evite as a planning tool. My friends do the same for their birthdays because we're all big nerds. :D

Self-promotion, baby! :bunny:

(They need a nerd smiley on here.)

There you have it...three posters almost simultaneously telling you that a party is a great idea. :laugh:

Go for it! :bunny:

Word. I am usually pretty vocal about my b-day. I'll announce it's arrival the month before it comes along. If I want to do something, I'll usually make arrangements myself. I've never had a friend throw me a b-day party :o -- although I have had an SO throw me one.

You've gotta toot your own horn -- no one else is gonna do it!

Tan's idea is funny.

I hear you Krytie. Mine falls on the eve of Valentines so others' often have plans anyway. So I just get older and reminded that I am alone at the same time. Gosh, that is depressing.

I think if you planned a fun activity you could find a couple of friends to hang out with. One of my friends has a goat party every year. You could have a space cadet party. Let all the other air signs join in. :laugh:

Go have fun.

A lot of my friends know my birthday because we've been friends for years and just know that stuff, but usually they ask me "what are we doing for your birthday this year?" We all kind of choose what we're doing and invite others to come along.

So, make plans for your favorite restaurant and let people know you're going there for your birthday and invite them along. Try to keep track of how many people, though, in case your favorite place is one that needs reservations.

Not everyone will be able to make it, but you'll have a great time with those who do.

And you don't have to worry about getting in an argument with a girlfriend and ruining it!

Happy Birthday!

Whenever it's my birthday I organize something for my self utilizing evite as a planning tool. My friends do the same for their birthdays because we're all big nerds. :D

Self-promotion, baby! :bunny:

(They need a nerd smiley on here.)

my friends are all into the evite thing as well.

One of my friends has a goat party every year.

can I request an invite for DH? He's mad about goats :laugh::laugh::laugh:

my birthday falls right after New Year's Day, so it's hard to drum up enthusiasm because (1) people are hung over or (2) I've got the crud. So I tell my husband that since we're both winter babies we have the option of doing something fun when the weather's good. And that's cool with him.

You've gotta toot your own horn -- no one else is gonna do it!

Yup! Tell'em all.

Oh just FYI...My bday is this Sunday!

See how easy that is?

Hmmmm!!!! Do you even care that your friends know its your birthday? I personally dont celebrate mine. haah.. Its coming up in less than two weeks . and I told my family i dont want anything. Dont get me wrong I am grateful that I lived another year, but I have always loved celebrating other peoples birthday. Have you just asked them if they would like to hang out on your barf-day.. I mean birthday!