It's always a competition...

Girlygirl74

Girlygirl74

I have 2 friends that I've been fairly close to the past few years. They are constantly talking trash about each other. I think it's safe to assume that I am being talked about too. BUT...I really don't care about that part. What's bothering me is that every time I speak with one of them, the conversation always turns into: what they bought, how much money they spent, what activities their kids are into, how what they are doing is better than what I am doing, talking about how much money they have...etc.

Seriously, it's driving me nuts. I'd just like to be able to call them up and talk about regular stuff. I am not trying to compete with anyone. I don't care if you bought a new top of the line computer with a "premium package"...and I don't care how much you got back on your taxes...and I don't care if you think I am terrible for not paying $200 for a Chuck E Cheese part for my kid...I don't care if you were out shopping for a new GMC Yukon SUV...

One is a single mom, who abuses the system and gets help on her electric bills, got help buying her home because she's a single mom, gets Medicaid (or Medicare, not sure which) for her child so she doesn't have to pay for health insurance. She refuses to work full time, and took a job at a elementary school so she could be off all summer. Her family is constantly giving her money. She's using her daughter's father because he's always giving her money too...but he wants her back and she doesn't, but she will take the extra money.

The other...she's a single mom who's BF sells drugs (nice, eh?) and she bought her own engagement and he said he'll never marry her. Her kid is a pure terror. She's always talking about they have money for this and that...but, she'll never admit to HOW they got that money.

GOOD GRIEF...why am I even friends with trash like this??? YIKES