Jealousy

lovergirl911

lovergirl911

Hi my name is Jen and I am 15. I have been going out with boy and we have been doing great:love: My best friend is a guy and my boyfriend keeps accusing me of liking Paul. I tell him all the time that he's just my bestfriend and he has been there for me for such a long time. My boyfriend is obviously jealous and I don't know how to tell him that I don't like Paul I have tried everything. Please help me with what to say to my boyfriend. Thankx

How would you feel if his best friend was a female? Does your best friend have a girl friend? I know alot of people will disagree with me on this but I stand firm on this belief. Girls do not have best "friends" that are guys unless they are not into girls (if you know what I mean). That is all I am going to say.

Maybe you could spend some time with both your bf and Paul, so your bf gets to know him better. He might see that there's nothing between you.

There isn't much you can say, though. It's very common with opposite-sex friendships that the bf/gf is jealous. Guys, in particular, believe that guys aren't friends with women unless they are interested in dating them - your bf probably thinks Paul is interested in you regardless of your interest in him.

Just keep reassuring your bf as many times as he needs it.

BlueEyedSarah

I agree with the above posts.

Let your guy and best friend meet each other and let him see what your frindship is like with one another.

In my opinion your relationship should have trust. YOu can not avoid every single guy you come in contact with, of course you will be hanging with other guys and making friends with other guys. So trust is important for your guy to have.

Whatever you do, don't let him alter your relationship with Paul as he has done nothing wrong.

He doesn't have the right to interfere with your friends and if he demands that you stop being friends with him then you should probably dump him as it would make him to be the controlling type

You need to tell him trust is a two way street and if he doesn't respect your rights to individuality and having the friends you choose then he doesn't respect you and the r/s cannot progress