Needy Friend

glitzy55

As we get older..we start to have different priorities. Back when I was in college partying, my social life, friends..I had all the time in the world..now I don't. I have a friend who I really don't have much in common with any more. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want her completely out of my life but she just doesn't understand that me, including one of her other friends are busy..and yes it's not an excuse. I am in grad school, work full time and during the week I don't get home till sometimes 9 pm., leaving time to make dinner and go to bed. I live on my own, have bills and am pretty focused on school and my new job. My friend works part time, lives with mommy and daddy who pay her bills, isn't in grad school so can't understand the work involved and every time she calls all she talks about are her 2 imaginary bfs from 5 years ago or gossips about people from hs. who i haven't seen in like 7 yrs lol. Another one of her friends who doesn't talk to any longer stopped returning her non stop calls. I mean she's not my best friend and the non stop messegs which I don't return..I don't get it. She knows how busy myt schedule is. She'll stop calling then will leave some messege how she really needs to speak to me bc it's important and when I call..it's nothing...it's just her way of getting me to call. Speaking 2 her every few weeks is more then enough for me. I honestly think she just likes to be nosey and see whats going on in my life. I told her that I don't think her other friend is wrong bc she is really busy and plus she has a a bf...her answer was "oh she has to make time for me"..what is she this girls husband? I mean I guess she has nothing going on in her life except sitting at home wishing prince charming would come to her door. Why is she soo needy?

wow ur really sound hostile toward your needy friend. Who cares if she anoys you so much you only have 2 options stop being friends with her or just tell her how you feel. U sound over worked try not to have a break down and maybe makes some friends you feel you can relate to that way you could talk about whats going on in ur life with some one you feel understands.

• Author

over worked? not all all, just someone who has goals in life and normal adult responsibilites. I've told her and she knows what my schedule is like during the week.