no real friends.

yhan_627

i feel like i dont have a friend. i thought i have a lot but that was before. in march 2006 i announced to all my friends that there will be a get together before i leave on may 2006. cause i treasure all my friends and i want to be with them before i leave because it may take a while before i come back home. cause i have to get settled in a new country. i asked them to reserve that day a month before. cause i know that i will be hard to get them all together because of work and stuffs. i even adjusted the day and time when they can all be there. but the get together didn't went throught. a week before that i cancelled. why? it is because some of them those who said yes. said that they can't come because of whatever reasons they have. And this one friend who keeps on saying that i should also invite our other friends. well then i said yah sure. she keeps on changing the day. and then finally she said that one of our friends child is going to be baptized at the same day as my get together swimming party. and that's when i cancelled that whole thing. i send a text message to everybody that it is cancelled already. and not even one of them asked why!!!!!!! when they didn't even asked why i decided not to tell them the exact date of my departure. and just tell them when an hour before i go on a plane. And then the sunday before my departure. i received a text message from 'My friend(the one who keeps on changing the day and the one who makes excuses that it is the day the baby is going to be baptized) it said that. they are outside our gate. i was out on s stroll with my boyfriend. i responded to her and said okay. i'll be right there. apparently i didn't read the whole message. after all the spaces after that message. at the very bottom saying that it was just a joke. I feel so stupid. and then i felt hurt. the more i felt betrayed and alone. now i'm asking myself am i just trying to be someone important? Until now. I will be going back home this year to get married to my boyfriend so that we can be together here. but i won't let them know that i'm in the country. i don't want to be the person that just throw away the friendship. after i left the country i was fine i never think about it. I just remembered it all when my boyfriend and i were planning the wedding. who will be invited. i said i will invite all my friends. and then suddenly i remembered what they did before i left. that's why i decided not to let them know when i am coming back. i understand that they may be busy monday-friday cause they're all working. and i scheduled it on a saturday. cause on sunday i don't want them to feel wasted and tired for their work on monday. but it never happened. what do you think i should do? invite them? tell them?

Hi, I think you should invite them if you want them to be there. But if it hurts too much that they may let you down again, dont! I got married with noone there other than my husband and I still dont have any friends who could have gone to my wedding, count the blessing you may have.