people are weird...wanting to be friends?

Guest33

I dont know why but sometimes i have the bad habit of attracting people who behave inconsistently. im not looking for friendship or anything at all, but they give out the vibe they're looking for my friendship on their end.

Anyway I'm not much of a person to ask for favors or have a bs reason to call someone by asking if i can do them a favor. For the most part I rely on myself to get things done. And i know people can be very unreliable.

The cruel reality of this world is that everyone uses each other in some form or another. mostly people wouldnt call/talk to you unless you are resourceful to them in some way.

So anyway I know these 2 guys. Their personalities are strikingly similar in character. Once in awhile they'll call me up offering to do me a favor if they think they can be of use to me or call and ask for favors, or tell me news in which both of us have an association with. for the most part i know they do it because they want to hangout with me, but they dont have the balls to be upfront with me.

Overall I'm a cool guy, im willing to pick up the phone and talk if they call. I've even hung out with them on a few occassions.

However on my end it's very different if I call them up. Usually they wont pick up, nor call back.

So basically that's it for me in a nutshell. if a person isnt one of my close friends...they wont answer the phone if they dont need anything from me. However when they need something from me they call.

Basically I treat people how i want to be treated, unfortunately that isnt always the case.

Maybe they do want to be my friend but their defenses are up and this happens..

Am I meeting the wrong people or are most people this way?

I think you're meeting the wrong people. I don't usually encounter this doing-favors thing with people I meet.

Widen your social circle by doing things that interest you and meeting people there. Friends certainly do favors for each other every now and then, but it's not the basis of friendships.