What a month this week has been!

HokeyReligions

Last week I worked 56 hours, this week 68! I am plum tuckered! I have an assistant starting on Monday, but only for a month because the project won't pay for longer than that. They don't want me working all this OT (so they say) but they KNOW that once the sec'y leaves I'll be back to working all these long hours.

Besides the hours at work, I'm also working harder at home too because we moved mom back home. She's still under Hospice care and I have a hospital bed and commode and all the nursing-home machinery that she requires - plus we have a hospice aid come three times a week to bathe her and change her bed, but I'm doing it the rest of the time and -- what's that old saying? something about Once and Adult and Twice a Child? Mom doesn't want to go to bed at a decent hour (I can't blame her, if she can't sleep, she can't sleep and there is no longer night then laying there awake and not being able to get up or do anything) so I'm getting between 2 - 4 hours sleep (on an uncomfortable sofa) a night.

I'm tired and whiney and I don't like that about myself. Plus, hubby and I are fighting a LOT lately. His health is going downhill so fast and I worry about him. He had his first appointment with a new doctor a couple of weeks ago and he's going for the next appointment at the end of the month.

Ok, I've whined. I'm better now. :o