This is going to sound a bit weird, but what do you wear in winter when you have a job interview? I'm asking in regards to shoes. Wearing boots with a suit probably doesn't look that great, but when you use public transportations or have to walk outside it's freaking cold and I prefer my feet to be warm. Do people take their nice shoes with them and change when inside the building or how do they do it? They'd still be wearing boots with a suit when they are on their way to the interview, that must look weird.

ReluctantRomeo

The age-old fashion question: comfort vs style.

I think that very tasteful boots look ok *under* a suit, if you match them reasonably carefully. Changing shoes is a hassle, but not unreasonable, if that's what you want to do.

Btw, is the interview panel largely male or female? Shoes are said to be way more important if you're being interviewed by women.

This is going to sound a bit weird, but what do you wear in winter when you have a job interview? I'm asking in regards to shoes. Wearing boots with a suit probably doesn't look that great, but when you use public transportations or have to walk outside it's freaking cold and I prefer my feet to be warm. Do people take their nice shoes with them and change when inside the building or how do they do it? They'd still be wearing boots with a suit when they are on their way to the interview, that must look weird.

Thats what I would do: I would wear boots if the weather suits it and bring along my dress shoes and change upon entering the building I am doing my interview in and I would leave my boots near the coat rack or in the entrance.. Then pick them up on my way out.

in the case of winter it is proper etiquette to wear boots and then when u get in the bldg put on your regular shoes which you brought in in a bag. you can put your boots in the bag and place it near your coat, wherever that may be.

oh, and leave the 5" stiletto come-f***-me black patent leather pumps at home :)

in the case of winter it is proper etiquette to wear boots and then when u get in the bldg put on your regular shoes which you brought in in a bag. you can put your boots in the bag and place it near your coat, wherever that may be.

oh, and leave the 5" stiletto come-f***-me black patent leather pumps at home :)

Roflmao!! :lmao: :lmao: Alpha too funny about the stiletto shoe!!!:D:laugh::lmao: Totally agree with Alpha yeah i would wear the boots first and when got to interview before going in change to the other also

Arrive early in your boots and warm coat, quickly make friends with the receptionist, ask her where the loo is so that you can get changed - then get her to look after your boots and coat while you're in the interview.

if you've got a v classy pair of boots, wear them! if they're like snowshoes, then lindya's advice is good.