Clients! Clients who pay with 'chickens' !!

HokeyReligions

Well, not chickens per se; but not with money! We have two clients for which we do graphic design/advertising. One of them is a pool company so we get all our pool chemicals and assorted maintenance needs taken care of in lieu of payment. That's good -- pools are expensive to maintain!

The other client sometimes pays with cash for large projects, but keeps hubby busy with lots of little projects for which they have paid us in furniture. She called today and asked if we want their old sofa and loveseat. OK, yeah, I'll take it. It's only about 7 years old and they paid $9k for the set new! What I have now is falling apart so it's got to be better---even if it is blue and our living room in in earthtones! They are the ones who gave us the huge oak bookcases that we have in the living room now, and the closet organizer drawers and a chest of drawers (which we sold for $25) and some other assorted odd and ends.

Barter is fine (my brother once traded his camping gear as a down-payment on a car!) but we could use the cash! I'm trying to work out a deal now with someone who will help us tile our floors in exchange for me doing a faux paint effect on the walls of his diningroom. (I'm pretty good at that now and it's fun!) I'm intimidated by tiling and he's intimidated by painting. Now if I can find someone who is willing to 'sell' me said tiles in exchange for some service I could provide

I've got some stuff in my garage that I need to get rid of, but I'm not physically able to really clean the place out so I'm offering some of it to some kids (well, they are in their 20's and furnishing their own first apartment) in exchange for helping me clean it out--we just have to settle on a day to do it.

Anyone else barter like this for goods and services?

you can publicize what you've got or what you need, and somebody out there in your area will more than likely snatch up what you've got for offer immediately. I've seen lots of kids clothes, requests for mattresses, please help me adopt out this kitten I found on the side of the road postings among the several online groups I belong to. DH wants to have a garage sale to unload most of the 14 ceiling fans that came with this house, along with other stuff from our farm, but I've already got plans to get rid of anything that's left over.