looking in the cube

Okay one thing has bugged me for quite awhile now. When some people walk by my cube, they'll always look in. One of the managers practically cranes his neck to do it. When I walk by a row of cubes, I mind my own business and if I'm not stopping at theirs, the only reason I'll look into others' is if I'm searching for a specific person.

So what's the deal? Are some people just nosey and look into everyone's cube as they go by? Are they trying to check to see if I'm working?

Anybody else wonder about this? Any cube-lookers out there want to clarify the reason they do it?

A Fly onThe Wall

Their just nosey.. I look at the people in cars when I pass 'em.. Same difference.

Can you move you chair to the other side of the cube ?

Damn... crazy girl Your smokin' :D

• Author
Originally posted by 933KJL

Hey, if that is you in your avatar...

CASE SOLVED!

Haha. :D I don't think that's it. That might be the reason for some, but unless we've got a bunch of lesbians wondering around here, then not all. ;)

• Author
Originally posted by A Fly onThe Wall

Their just nosey.. I look at the people in cars when I pass 'em.. Same difference.

See, I don't do that either, not even when I'm the passenger.

Can you move you chair to the other side of the cube ?

Nope. They're set up so the desk is right in front of the doorway. They're made so that you're supposed to sit with your back to the door. I managed to turn it as far as it can go so I can see when people come up. I wouldn't have to see people walk by if I turned it back, but then I wouldn't know when someone was walking up behind me, and they might catch me on LS. ;)

I can live with seeing them doing it, but I just want to know why. I figured it was just people's naturally nosey nature, but I didn't know for sure since I don't do it myself. I thought maybe there could be another reason. Also, I'm a bit paranoid that they suspect I'm not doing my work since sometimes I'm not. :eek: *bad me*

A Fly onThe Wall
Originally posted by crazy_grl

and they might catch me on LS.

Well then.. Maybe they are trying to catch you on LS.. The word must be out..:)

but unless we've got a bunch of lesbians wondering around here, then not all

We ought to look into this. They no longer wear the sweaters with the cursive "L" like they did in Laverne and Shirley you know. And with your back to the door, that would mean that...oh my need a cold shower!

• Author
Originally posted by A Fly onThe Wall

Well then.. Maybe they are trying to catch you on LS.. The word must be out..:)

:eek: I certainly hope not. I don't want these people reading about my love life. What a horrifying thought.

• Author
Originally posted by 933KJL

We ought to look into this. They no longer wear the sweaters with the cursive "L" like they did in Laverne and Shirley you know. And with your back to the door, that would mean that...oh my need a cold shower!

Oh, my. I should have seen that coming... :o

A lot of folks in our office have mirrors set up either beside or on top of their monitors so they can see people sneaking up behind them.

Another thing you can do if you don't want them reading your screen as they pass is to get one of those screen filters to put on top (they attach with velcro) - helps cut the glare and makes it hard for others to see what is on your screen unless they are looking directly over your shoulder.

• Author
Originally posted by brashgal

A lot of folks in our office have mirrors set up either beside or on top of their monitors so they can see people sneaking up behind them.

I've got a mirror set up on my monitor already. It lets me see about 2 feet down the 'hallway' to see who's coming.

Another thing you can do if you don't want them reading your screen as they pass is to get one of those screen filters to put on top (they attach with velcro) - helps cut the glare and makes it hard for others to see what is on your screen unless they are looking directly over your shoulder.

That sounds like a great idea. I've got to protect my eyes after all, don't I? ;)

You are at work...managers have the responsibility to ensure you are doing your job...and you say you're bugged by this???....too weird for me :rolleyes:

• Author
Originally posted by Rosalind

[color=navy]You are at work...managers have the responsibility to ensure you are doing your job...and you say you're bugged by this???....too weird for me :rolleyes:[/color]

I'm going to assume that you really don't know what I'm trying to say and that you're not just being condescending. I don't see how you could have misunderstood quite that much, but...

I'm not bugged by managers checking to see what I'm doing. I just used that one manager as an example. He's not even my manager. I'm bugged by almost every person who walks by having to look in. Some people, male and female alike, turn their heads so far that's it's ridiculous. I see no reason for it. They have no business knowing what I'm doing. And I can't imagine that it's just my cube they're doing it on. Maybe it is, that's part of why I'm asking.