Work problem, I suspect I've been cheated

I work in a hospital, in a department that sends monthly reports to different teams of physicians. I normally update the reports with new monthly data, but this one was different. I created the report from scratch. I was in charge of the design. I had a senior coworker who was in charge of the administrative stuff, i.e. scheduling meetings, liaising with the physician team to obtain their needs, but I was the one who actually designed it.

So I built the report. It was an excel file with multiple tabs and graphs and charts and pivot tables. It took me hours and hours and hours. I pulled all-nighters for this. I obsessed over the design because I wanted to get it perfect. Im trying to make a good impression since Im relatively new.

I put the report together, I showed it to my senior coworker, he suggested some edits (because he's more experienced), so I made them. I was even working on this over Thanksgiving.

When I finally completed it I sent it to him and his response was "This looks great! would you be comfortable with me sending this to [the physician team] for review?"

I responded with yes. He would email the report as an attachment and I assumed he would CC me on it, crediting me in the body of the email to the recipients. That's how he's been sending all the other reports we collaborate on. But he never did. I never got the CC. So this is leading me to believe that he may not have given me credit when he sent the report. The team will just assume he was the one who put it together, and they will be impressed with what they believe is his work.

So now Im upset. I slaved away so hard on this report. We work with these physician teams regularly and I thought if they saw a great report that I put together it would help me get some recognition. This is of course good for job security and promotion. In the past, other coworkers have credited the right person for the work they've done. It's a common courtesy, but at the same time it's not something that's officially mandated. But I suspect he did not do it here.

Of course I have no way to know. Maybe he very well did give me the credit. But the fact that I dont know is really bothering me and Im not sure how to approach it. If I ask about it I feel like it will seem tacky or petty. I mean in the grand scheme of things its not a huge deal, but I just worked so ridiculously hard on this report. So It's bugging the heck out of me.

Any advice?

I work in a hospital, in a department that sends monthly reports to different teams of physicians. I normally update the reports with new monthly data, but this one was different. I created the report from scratch. I was in charge of the design. I had a senior coworker who was in charge of the administrative stuff, i.e. scheduling meetings, liaising with the physician team to obtain their needs, but I was the one who actually designed it.

So I built the report. It was an excel file with multiple tabs and graphs and charts and pivot tables. It took me hours and hours and hours. I pulled all-nighters for this. I obsessed over the design because I wanted to get it perfect. Im trying to make a good impression since Im relatively new.

I put the report together, I showed it to my senior coworker, he suggested some edits (because he's more experienced), so I made them. I was even working on this over Thanksgiving.

When I finally completed it I sent it to him and his response was "This looks great! would you be comfortable with me sending this to [the physician team] for review?"

I responded with yes. He would email the report as an attachment and I assumed he would CC me on it, crediting me in the body of the email to the recipients. That's how he's been sending all the other reports we collaborate on. But he never did. I never got the CC. So this is leading me to believe that he may not have given me credit when he sent the report. The team will just assume he was the one who put it together, and they will be impressed with what they believe is his work.

So now Im upset. I slaved away so hard on this report. We work with these physician teams regularly and I thought if they saw a great report that I put together it would help me get some recognition. This is of course good for job security and promotion. In the past, other coworkers have credited the right person for the work they've done. It's a common courtesy, but at the same time it's not something that's officially mandated. But I suspect he did not do it here.

Of course I have no way to know. Maybe he very well did give me the credit. But the fact that I dont know is really bothering me and Im not sure how to approach it. If I ask about it I feel like it will seem tacky or petty. I mean in the grand scheme of things its not a huge deal, but I just worked so ridiculously hard on this report. So It's bugging the heck out of me.

Any advice?

If you are in-charge of the design, then any positive feedback for the design that will come to your reporting boss will definitely reflect your creative skills. I am pretty sure, the senior coworker would have definitely CCed your boss. Rest assured s/he must have noticed if it's an important document.

I had a manager under me who used to prepare brilliant ppts. He was not credited much for those ppts but his work was definitely noticed by senior management when I presented those ppts. One senior VP took him away to his team. My loss.

If you are worried, you can send him a mail/text saying " Hey did you send the report because I didn't receive the copy. Just enquiring ". Gauge his response.

Edited by Mind-Chants

It always feels good to be appreciated for our efforts especially when you put hours for a job and work on holidays. I think it is important in professional life to not over-indulge in your work load especially when compromising your personal time. In a field where everyone looks after his/her growth, uniform perceived output (by employer) to input ratio is critical. When your input is high, net falls down resulting in frustration and de-motivation. This kind of anxiety build up is result of such practices.

Is it possible to ask someone else on the team an innocent question like, was my report ok, it was the first time I had to do one so I wanted to get feedback to make sure it was acceptable?