LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

What do you generally think about dating a coworker?

Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st August 2016, 9:36 AM   #16
Established Member

My view is do NOT if it is a small company. If it is a large company, then only if: you work in different physical areas (e.g. different floors or buildings), and do not usually see each other during the workday (keeps things from getting awkward if you break up); you are not in the same reporting chain, and do not work on any assignments together or need to consult with one another.
central is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2016, 10:58 AM   #17
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan90 View Post
This is definitely what I fear. From what I understand, I would have to impress during in the interview in order to earn the position, but I still have a slight feeling that his recommendation can sway the interviewers. He said that he has helped several of his friends get jobs at his company in the past. I know this happens all the time, but I want to know that if I have a job, I'd have earned it myself entirely.

There is certainly also the fact that I'd always feel like I owe him, and this could get messy if we ever break up.
I think I'd eval just how bad I want to get in there and the other prospects available. If the risk is worth the payoff, go for it I guess.
jen1447 is offline   Reply With Quote